Downloads
    Uploads

Revamped my basement workshop

Unfortunately I had to work this holiday weekend, but I did get around to revamping my work area in the basement this weekend. Freed up some more counter space for working, added more shelving and storage, and made it more comfortable (well as comfortable as a basement can be)! Its humble, but gets the job done.

Where do you all work on your guns?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I had the room. Looks good man. Relatively clean too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Wish I had the room.
    You would have more space if you moved all those AR's of yours out of the way LOL!!!

Good job rxer311. Looks nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You would have more space if you moved all those AR's of yours out of the way LOL!!!

Good job rxer311. Looks nice!
    There is some wasted space at my house as we have a Jr. Master Suite that goes unused for 50 weeks out of the year. But the wife insisted we have one for her parents visits.

Baby also kicked me out of another bedroom.

Next house needs another 1k sqft just for my stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is some wasted space at my house as we have a Jr. Master Suite that goes unused for 50 weeks out of the year. But the wife insisted we have one for her parents visits.

The struggle is real. Since my 2 daughters were born, I have just had to move down to the basement. I also have a 50" TV down there...but its still an unfinished basement LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's called a garage workshop. Pole barns are cheap and every husband needs a doghouse. []
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    It's called a garage workshop. Pole barns are cheap and every husband needs a doghouse. []
    I make too much money to live in the garage.

But seriously, I would love to have a huge bench in the garage and whatnot, but not this house. They call it a 3 car, but it's more like 2.5 cars.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys have houses...? You're so lucky.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks really good !! We down-sized when I retired, and I really miss my basement workshop !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Looks really good !! We down-sized when I retired, and I really miss my basement workshop !
    Yep, same here basically. I was considering buying a house with enough room for a really cool work shop, and enough land for at least a 100 yard range, but after thinking all that over, I realized how old I'd be in 10 years, if still alive, so I folded and bought a condo. (at least I don't have to mow, shovel snow, re-treat the deck, replace shingles and siding and whatever). I used one of the spare bedrooms for a "gun room" for all things firearm related. Has a small bench for light weight work, but can't use chemicals or solvents etc., that will stink up the whole house and ruin the carpet in there.

Looks like you have a really great place to stay warm. With a 50" T.V., when the guns are all put away for the day, all you need then is a recliner and a small refrigerator full of beer, so you only have to pop up for food every now and then.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Yep, same here basically. I was considering buying a house with enough room for a really cool work shop, and enough land for at least a 100 yard range, but after thinking all that over, I realized how old I'd be in 10 years, if still alive, so I folded and bought a condo. (at least I don't have to mow, shovel snow, re-treat the deck, replace shingles and siding and whatever). I used one of the spare bedrooms for a "gun room" for all things firearm related. Has a small bench for light weight work, but can't use chemicals or solvents etc., that will stink up the whole house and ruin the carpet in there.

Looks like you have a really great place to stay warm. With a 50" T.V., when the guns are all put away for the day, all you need then is a recliner and a small refrigerator full of beer, so you only have to pop up for food every now and then.
    No kids or grand kids to help with maintaining a 100 yard range?

My parents want to downsize to a no-yard 1700 sq ft rambler for the same reasons. Less upkeep.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks pretty good! I can't wait to move so I can have some space. Wife has our spare bedroom tied up as a walk-in closet/vanity room. Thought since I have a SINGLE coat closet in there, she insists we share it...

I need a basement.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    No kids or grand kids to help with maintaining a 100 yard range?

My parents want to downsize to a no-yard 1700 sq ft rambler for the same reasons. Less upkeep.
    Kids and Grandkids live in Pittsburg, no help there
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

It’s a tight squeeze but it’s enough. The wife got a full bathroom... I’m not allowed in there.