Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercon Optics ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let’s see some pics of the reticle. How’s the 1x? That’s where 90% of the low power optics lose it for me. Most aren’t worth the upcharge for “true” 1 power or so claimed.

Pretty stiff competition at that price point.

Even my 2.5-10x32’s are pretty poor in anything but bright daylight on 10x.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Let’s see some pics of the reticle. How’s the 1x? That’s where 90% of the low power optics lose it for me. Most aren’t worth the upcharge for “true” 1 power or so claimed.

Pretty stiff competition at that price point.

Even my 2.5-10x32’s are pretty poor in anything but bright daylight on 10x.
    Let me try to find the pic of the reticle. I know you well enough to know you're not going like the reticle.

There is definitely room for improvement, but this is the first version. I know they have more versions in the works as well as higher magnification options, and a RMR type optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it really busy? Like a framed in 4MOA dot or something with all sorts of elevation/hash marks?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    6x with 24mm objective results in a MUCH bigger exit pupil, hence more generous eye box. 10x with 24mm is so small that the exit pupil is smaller than your pupils when they open up as daylight drops to dusk, and makes the scope difficult to use unless you dial it back to 6-8x.
    It was a joke. And I'd like to think that UW knows that. I understand the math behind exit pupil. Well, that's not true. Let me say that I'm at least aware of and can understand the results of exit pupil, and I agree, there's issues with the 10x24 setup. Like you said, "zooming" down has its merits and is one of the many reasons why I like a FFP for something as "low" as a 10x. But I know that's something that we all go back and forth with and have our own thoughts and preferences about.

Don't let facts get in the way of his passive aggressive comments.
    Correction...it's not passive aggressive. That's SINNER's lane. I'm just a general, equal-opportunity smart-ass. Facts are mere obstacles that end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Let me try to find the pic of the reticle. I know you well enough to know you're not going like the reticle.

There is definitely room for improvement, but this is the first version. I know they have more versions in the works as well as higher magnification options, and a RMR type optic.
    Just curious. And really good glass can make up for not the greatest reticles. I am a fan of the aesthetics of that optic. I’d like to see how they do with a 3-15 with open turrets.

Any pics of that model’s turrets?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exit pupil is the front objective size divided by the magnification. You want the exit pupil of the scope to always be larger than the actual size of your eye's pupil, which changes constantly with the lighting conditions.

If your pupil is bigger than the exit pupil, then your scope will be unable to provide enough light for your eye to fully use, which results in shadow/tunneling around the fringe and makes the image through the scope dimmer.

When it's bright outside your pupil gets smaller since it is receiving enough light to function. This is why the NF 2.5-10x24 is fine at 10x during the day. The exit pupil is 2.4mm and your eye's pupil is probably under 2mm.

When it gets darker, your pupils open up to let more light in, up to almost 8mm in pitch black. If your pupils are maxed out then you'd need to dial the NF scope down to 3x for the exit pupil to be large enough to prevent shadowing/dimness.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Just curious. And really good glass can make up for not the greatest reticles. I am a fan of the aesthetics of that optic. I’d like to see how they do with a 3-15 with open turrets.

Any pics of that model’s turrets?
    Nothing perfect as this was literally cell phone shots at my desk but here is the turrets uncapped and reticle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats a pretty interesting reticle choice... might work if the dot in the middle is able to get super bright.

Also wonder if that's a BDC reticle or if the "U" shape is size to frame an IPSIC or torso at 200m or something like that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  29497101_10156384788339059_5654057418477273088_n (1).jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  53.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that reticle, especially for 1x shooting.
    Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis

Downloads
    Uploads
    Am I missing it? What is the size of the red dot? .15?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Am I missing it? What is the size of the red dot? .15?
    Yes .15 is the dot size.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Name:  29497101_10156384788339059_5654057418477273088_n (1).jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  53.5 KB
    Not that bad of a reticle. Similar in function to a ACOG reticle, so that isn’t a bad start. As I age the pin point illuminated dots are not the most user friendly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Name:  tumblr_p7pa9hZmrc1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  92.8 KB
    Damn that mount looks high.