Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hook two 40 rounders together and let her buck!!
    Last edited by Stone; 11 April 2018 at 18:05.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably not an issue for a can.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Hook to 40 rounders together and let her buck!!
    Mag dumps are coming. Don't worry! I will test it out completely and see just how far I can make it go, of course without screwing up my suppressor...If I get pretty far into it and some of it cooks off I will just repaint the thing. I have half a can of that stuff still just sitting there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update:

So far nothing to report. Can looks good still. I haven't tried to bake the finish off but so far so good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been a long time since I did this project but I am giving another update. It's been an insane past year between weather and brain surgery and other 'life' things I haven't been shooting as much...but that said the finish on this can looks almost just like it did the day after I refinished it.

Just a little while ago I had some free time and some ammo to burn so I did some more mag dumps again. I am not normally a mag dumper but I did it in the name of science. It's basically been a year of intermittent use and no problems. As noted I did some mag dumps when I did this refinish and I am guessing between 500 and 1000 rounds through that can other than that (I've been playing with 300 BLK a lot instead). I also have more than one 5.56 can. I am talking 500 to 1000 additional rounds through that one suppressor, most through a 10.5 and probably 1/3 through a 16" AR.

I have not gone out and done a 'see how much it can withstand test' because I just don't want to do all that to my suppressor or waste that much ammo.

After a number of 60 round mag dumps on a 16" gun and on a 10.5" one it's still looking good. I've probably done that test at least 4 or 5 times where I just see how fast I can get on the trigger. I have not done a 90 round dump to really get the heat up but it's looking awesome still. Those little dimpled ridges near the mount end of the can have worn through again (like the original finish did) from putting it on and off, but that's wear from my hand not just shooting.

All in all it's worth a shot if you are looking to refinish a suppressor. The only other 'final' tip I would possibly offer is even after cooking the stuff onto the can leave the can out for a while where it can 'cure' even more and resist the urge to handle it for a while after it's done. Basically the more cure time the better, even after baking it.

It doesn't seem 'as' abrasion resistant as the original coating but the difference is marginal at best. That said I haven't tried torquing the can down with an oven mitt while it's hot either. I just put the can on there right the first time and avoid hot handling and no issues have came up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brain surgery?

Holy smokes...hope all is good now Alamo.

Us, backyard gear heads use that stuff on our headers etc, for a good cheap paint job.. It works well if you do your part.

And....pics or it didn’t happen....lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Brain surgery?

Holy smokes...hope all is good now Alamo.

Us, backyard gear heads use that stuff on our headers etc, for a good cheap paint job.. It works well if you do your part.

And....pics or it didn’t happen....lol
    It wasn't my surgery. My dad had a tumor the size of or a little bigger than a golf ball removed from inside of his skull. I was the only one able to take off to help out so it's been a crazy year... as of the end of January he's been cleared to drive and do all his normal stuff so I am trying my part to get back into the swing of things.

It was kind of amazing. My mom was an utter wreck the whole time leading up to the event and she couldn't take him to round trip 3 to 4 hour drives 2 or 3 times a week, but after he had his surgery they sent him back home within two days. He's doing great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow..

That’s a lot to deal with, good to hear all is ok.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Oh wow..

That’s a lot to deal with, good to hear all is ok.
    Yeah man. It's been a pain in the ass. I'm just now starting to dig out. Working my ass off trying to get back in the game.

In the end though everyone is still intact so that's more important than anything.

Sorry for the slow response. Been busy +1.