Thread: US Made Glocks

Downloads
    Uploads

US Made Glocks

It's probably not news to most of you, but in case you didn't know, Glock has started to actually manufacture some of their pistols right here in the US.

Over the next few days, I'll post up some photos of the G19 that I recently obtained so you can see some of the unique markings of the US made models.

Has one else picked up a US made Glock yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    A stamp of the outline of the State of Georgia is used on several locations on the US made pistols. Here's the right side of a US made Gen4 G19 and a Austrian made Gen3 G19:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aside from the markings, what are the differences between the two? Correct me if I am wrong, but the Austrian slide is finished with Tenifer and the US slide is finished in Nitride? I believe that Nitride is actually harder on the Rockwell Hardness scale around 68 and Tenifer being around 64. The scale only goes to 70.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    Aside from the markings, what are the differences between the two? Correct me if I am wrong, but the Austrian slide is finished with Tenifer and the US slide is finished in Nitride? I believe that Nitride is actually harder on the Rockwell Hardness scale around 68 and Tenifer being around 64. The scale only goes to 70.
    I'll try to get a confirmation of this from Glock, but I believe you are correct. IIRC, the Tenifer process cannot be done in the US because it creates too many EPA issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The other side of both pistols:

Downloads
    Uploads
    And here's a view of both barrel hoods. Note the State of Georgia proof stamp on the US one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a US made Glock 23. The point of the photo though, is to show that it ships with magazines made in Austria.