Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele/ Bad-Cass-ST problem.

Hope someone can help. I have identical AXTS lowers both with geissele SD-C triggers and BAD-CASS-ST safeties, the trigger in my SBR binds up, only releases 3/4s of the time and has zero over travel. The trigger on my rifle is perfect. If I take the safety out of the rifle and put it in the SBR everything is great. Put the one originally in the SBR into the rifle and it releases 1/3 or the time.

I talked Battle Arms into giving me a RMA, they looked it over and said that it's perfect, must be my trigger. How can one work with both triggers and one not work with either?

My gunsmith wants to go to town with his file.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Start with swapping the safeties between the two lowers. If the same lower still has the binding issue, you can eliminate the safety.

Then swap triggers between the two. If the same lower still binds, you can eliminate the trigger and then start focusing on dimensional differences that may exist between the lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I swapped the safeties between lowers, leaving the triggers alone. The problem follows the one safety that I sent back to Battle Arms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you got it narrowed down to that one safety. I would pull both out and compare the shafts side by side, something is off. Check them with calipers if you have them. If you dont see a visable issue it may be tolerance stacking between the lower, trigger and safety. You may need to file the safety shaft down a little. Is it a 45 degree safety? I would also pull that safety out of the SBR and try a mil spec safety just to eliminate some variables. Kind of sounds like its not rotating far enough to allow the flat section on the shaft to match the flat on the back of the trigger.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like Stone asked, does it work in 90* and 45*?

Search Google, there is a compatibility issue between some Geissele and BAD safeties; I had a problem with an SSA-E and my BAD-CASS. Couple seconds with a dremel and it works just fine.

FYI, that was for the 45* compatibility (the whole reason I got it). No issues with the 90*

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to wait for it to come back in from Battle Arms. I'll see about comparing the two when I have it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the Post Office lost my safety. Web site says it's in my mail box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll show up Monday. It was probably just agressively scanned.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so, it says delivered 5/7, mail man doesn't remember if he delivered or not and the neighbors didn't get it. Can't file a claim for a couple of days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tb417 View Post
    I hope so, it says delivered 5/7, mail man doesn't remember if he delivered or not and the neighbors didn't get it. Can't file a claim for a couple of days.

This has happened to me several times just recently.

Shows delivered, but it's not... ends up showing up a day or two later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s not the new SOP for the Post Office? Happens all the time to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well?
    Quote Originally Posted by tb417 View Post

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I got a call from the Post Office, "Tom! We found your package! But it has a different tracking number... and a shipping date after when you first reported it missing... this is a different package I think."

Downloads
    Uploads
    So after some more investigating, the safety that worked in both lowers, with both triggers, was my first, non reversible safety. The one that got RMAed and lost was the new style. The second one got is also the reversible style, but will work with the rifle, but not the SBR. The rifle has ZERO over travel, the sear breaks right at the wall.