Thread: Drone shopping

Downloads
    Uploads

Drone shopping

I’m thinking about getting a drone to fool around with. Just curious if you all have any input. From what I’ve read most DJI seem to be ok. I’ve not read up a lot though. I’m looking maybe $250ish for a jumping off point to see what I think. Figure I could get some good use with it. I don’t know how much range I need, but I would like to be able to take a good photo. Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. Curious about them, I think Gost picked one up a while back. He may be the resident expert...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been shopping. When I have the cash, I'm getting a DJI Mavic Pro. A couple of friends have one, and it is really amazing. The range is one of the things that I like, and that it holds connection reliably. I know it's not in your price range (or mine either, right now. Ha!), but it really does stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I have heard good things about the Mavic pro. I’ve been looking at the dji spark. It’s a little more than I want to spend to get started, but the reviews are pretty positive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Phantom 4 and a couple friends with the Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro is the way to go right now. Best drone available. See if you can find one used. A lot of folks (like myself) buy it as a toy and it ends up sitting in a closet once they realize nobody gives a shit about their pretty pretty drone footage. It's a fun toy, but unless you have a real purpose for the footage, it will be useless to you in no time. I was super gung-ho when I first got it, made a bunch of videos and posted them to YouTube, and got about 10 views.

Check out my dumb videos here

Example:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also not in your listed price range, but I personally think the Mavic Air is the best bang for your buck currently. Not sure how much you care about video capability, though.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I have a Phantom 4 and a couple friends with the Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro is the way to go right now. Best drone available. See if you can find one used. A lot of folks (like myself) buy it as a toy and it ends up sitting in a closet once they realize nobody gives a shit about their pretty pretty drone footage. It's a fun toy, but unless you have a real purpose for the footage, it will be useless to you in no time. I was super gung-ho when I first got it, made a bunch of videos and posted them to YouTube, and got about 10 views.
    Yeah I get your point. I’m just considering it as a hobby. I figure when we are doing hay, chopping corn and working cattle it would make for some cool photos. But it’ll be purely for personal enjoyment and gifts. I want to be able to take a quality photo, and possibly some good video. But like you said, it’s going to see a lot of closet time I am sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely a fun toy. Maybe I'll take mine out this weekend ... nah, probably rather get on my mtn. bike instead. That's how it goes ...