Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Verified with my own samples and also after talking to NF:

ATACR max brightness equals a setting of 8 on the NX8. Both scopes use the exact same illumination module, but the placement of the module is more efficient in the NX8. The ATACR has a larger than normal fixed erector lens, so the erector is also larger and takes up a lot of space. This prevents the illumination module from being in as good a spot as the NX8.
    Thanks for checking. I talked with Skott and he said the same thing. However, after sending him a picture of my dot, he wasn't completely happy with what he saw so he issued a RMA. Even on my setting 10, it was still dimmer than the NX8 at 8. Apparently there was a previous case of something getting on the diode (or whatever the illuminator is) which was causing abnormal dimness. I don't know that I have the same issue (or if I even have an issue), but he wanted the scope back to check.

It's always unfortunate when you have an issue with a product, but NF makes it so painless to take care of an issue if one does pop up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told if your max atacr brightness was closer to 5-6 on an nx8 then the illumination module needs to be re-aligned.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll see what they say. I wouldn't be surprised if my ATACR was about a "6" (on setting 10) when compared to the NX8's "8." Regardless, I know they'll take care of me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting to note that the atacr illumination on max is still brighter than my kahles k16i in noon day sunlight. The nx8 is amazingly bright, though.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Verified with my own samples and also after talking to NF:

ATACR max brightness equals a setting of 8 on the NX8. Both scopes use the exact same illumination module, but the placement of the module is more efficient in the NX8. The ATACR has a larger than normal fixed erector lens, so the erector is also larger and takes up a lot of space. This prevents the illumination module from being in as good a spot as the NX8.
    In theory, this means the NX8 should have, functionally, a significantly longer battery life on usable illumination.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After running the MK6 a bit last week, I decided to run the ATACR again today. While there's still the handicap (relatively) of the lower mount on the MK6, I found the ATACR to be the better answer, but still with its limitations. Basically, I found two continuing issues:

1. It's easy to wander out of the eye-box
    2. The RDS flickers on the ATACR at extremes

1. is really a training issue and not something particular to the ATACR as it's endemic to a LPVO. But that doesn't mean it's not a thing. With more time and repetitions, I can see it becoming less of an issue, much how an Aimpoint Micro has a smaller "eye box" compared to a 30mm Aimpoint. Geometry doesn't lie.

2. Is a thing, but still less than the MK6. That said, I'm starting to rely more on the reticule to "funnel" my view in, regardless of optic. At the end of the day, this is another training issue. Still, the ATACR dot on "10" is still brighter than my MK6 on any setting.

All that said, the ATACR's eye box continues to be impressive. Really, the dot starts to become noticeable when you don't mount the rifle directly square to your body. That might matter more to some than others. Apparently I'm not completely square at all times. For the drills today, I worked target transitions and also target transitions from behind a barrier. It worked well to work in movement and also to "off-set" the optic when looking around a corner (ie, the optic isn't always level).

Overall, I still like the optic, and will enjoy continuing to work it.

Picture for attention....

DISCLAIMER: For mustangfreak....this is a picture of a rifle. It has nothing to do with accuracy or precision discussions.

Last edited by gatordev; 18 June 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Grammar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, Gator, I've read so many threads about the MK6 being good enough to issue to folks in Heaven. In all seriousness yours is one of the knowledgeable (having real experience) that gives the ATACR the top spot over it vs. the MK6. Sometimes, not always, but occasionally, you get a review of a guy who read on a forum, another dude's sisters husband's cousin. Great review. I've never shot either one, so I have no pony in that race, but it was still a great review.

I guess it will always be a personal taste, when it finally comes down to whipping out the cash to purchase one over the other.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your using the wrong ammo...red shotgun shells are #ghey like your flickering 1k plus optics
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 19 June 2019 at 15:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, game one...

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Your using the wrong ammo...
    You are using grammar wrong. My ammo hits just fine.

I could go harsher, but i know it's all in good fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol....it’s Mustangfreek...
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post

DISCLAIMER: For mustangfreak
    Hooh haz grammar problemz......hahaha..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your using the wrong ammo...red shotgun shells are #ghey like your flickering 1k plus optics
    I guess that's better than optics so out of spec, you can't even mount it. ... then again you have to carry that cerakoted M&P, so that's punishment enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I guess that's better than optics so out of spec, you can't even mount it. ... then again you have to carry that cerakoted M&P, so that's punishment enough.
    Your jealous that I actually use my stuff

Rather then just taking pics of stuff just to say ..’hey look at me’...

You bmw driving goons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and my out of spec scope was taken care of immediately and back to me with swag in under 2 weeks..no qualms here.. So what if it’s not top tier flickering quality..

I’d shoot against any one of you #gheys any day..

Downloads
    Uploads

Rather then just taking pics of stuff just to say ..’hey look at me’...

You bmw driving goons
    I guarantee I put more rounds down range per month than you do.

I don't get jealous brother. I like to see everyone succeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sigh....