Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Verified with my own samples and also after talking to NF:

ATACR max brightness equals a setting of 8 on the NX8. Both scopes use the exact same illumination module, but the placement of the module is more efficient in the NX8. The ATACR has a larger than normal fixed erector lens, so the erector is also larger and takes up a lot of space. This prevents the illumination module from being in as good a spot as the NX8.
    Thanks for checking. I talked with Skott and he said the same thing. However, after sending him a picture of my dot, he wasn't completely happy with what he saw so he issued a RMA. Even on my setting 10, it was still dimmer than the NX8 at 8. Apparently there was a previous case of something getting on the diode (or whatever the illuminator is) which was causing abnormal dimness. I don't know that I have the same issue (or if I even have an issue), but he wanted the scope back to check.

It's always unfortunate when you have an issue with a product, but NF makes it so painless to take care of an issue if one does pop up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told if your max atacr brightness was closer to 5-6 on an nx8 then the illumination module needs to be re-aligned.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll see what they say. I wouldn't be surprised if my ATACR was about a "6" (on setting 10) when compared to the NX8's "8." Regardless, I know they'll take care of me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting to note that the atacr illumination on max is still brighter than my kahles k16i in noon day sunlight. The nx8 is amazingly bright, though.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Verified with my own samples and also after talking to NF:

ATACR max brightness equals a setting of 8 on the NX8. Both scopes use the exact same illumination module, but the placement of the module is more efficient in the NX8. The ATACR has a larger than normal fixed erector lens, so the erector is also larger and takes up a lot of space. This prevents the illumination module from being in as good a spot as the NX8.
    In theory, this means the NX8 should have, functionally, a significantly longer battery life on usable illumination.