Downloads
    Uploads

Mossberg Terminates Relationship with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/mos...#ixzz5F2XXnkkH

NORTH HAVEN, CT –-(Ammoland.com)- O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons.

“Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting www.mossberg.com/dealers/.

MOSSBERGAbout O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been wanting to grab one of their AOW’s to stamp. Hitting the LGS tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a few more to add too dicks shaft me list...

More gun makers break ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods
    http://www.guns.com/2018/05/09/more-...porting-goods/

NSSF kicks Dick’s Sporting Goods to the curb
    http://www.guns.com/2018/05/04/nssf-...s-to-the-curb/

You should change the title to: I got the shaft from dicks. Or dicks screwed me again! Lets have a fun with puns contest...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Here's a few more to add too dicks shaft me list...

More gun makers break ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods
    http://www.guns.com/2018/05/09/more-...porting-goods/

NSSF kicks Dick’s Sporting Goods to the curb
    http://www.guns.com/2018/05/04/nssf-...s-to-the-curb/

You should change the title to: I got the shaft from dicks. Or dicks screwed me again! Lets have a fun with puns contest...
    Heh.

I'm not sure who shops at Dicks. Unless you want to pay full MSRP for virtually everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From another article:

"Dick’s, who has opted so far this year to destroy their existing inventory of AR-15s and refuse firearm sales to those under age 21, has since been embraced by gun control champions at the price of rapidly becoming a pariah in the firearms business."

I highly doubt their new supporters "actually" shop there either. Looks like Dick shafted himself on this one.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mossberg Terminates Relationship with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Heh.

I'm not sure who shops at Dicks. Unless you want to pay full MSRP for virtually everything.
    Same people who shop at malls.

Who wants to wager the CEO loses his job within the year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heh.

Every time I've gone into any store like Dick's, Gander Mountain, and a few others I have ALWAYS gotten sticker shock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Every time I've gone into any store like Dick's, Gander Mountain, and a few others I have ALWAYS gotten sticker shock.
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know it's bad when HiPoint severs ties with you.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/11...trol-push.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know it's bad when HiPoint severs ties with you.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/11...trol-push.html
    HAAAHAA!! Now that's funny!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see a growing solidarity among firearm manufactures.

Dick's here in Chattanooga doesn't sell handguns and has a sparse inventory of long guns. Last time I visited the gun counter wasn't staffed. I think the guy working the shoe department does double-duty.

I doubt that gun manufactures will feel any pain from cutting off Dick's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing this is really a long term strategy by Dicks to completely get out of selling firearms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heh.

It's the fist place I think of when I need a new TruGlo optic.

(Which is the same as saying I never think of them)

I gotta believe most of their money comes from soccer moms buying equipment for their kids.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like Hogue kicked Dicks to the curb as well...

http://www.guns.com/2018/06/12/hogue...s-differences/