Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried to talk Mark into it, but he's pretty happy being out of it. I've been taking most of our product pics, professional quality photos made me realize I need to stick to designing stuff lol. We use a variety of pictures on our site, including David Pyzik's, they make the difference between mom and pop shop, and a professionally run outfit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does appear Mark is back on a limited basis, I've missed seeing his pics.

Here's a pic (not from Mark) of a well staked CNF with ESF :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    So when are wrenches going to be available?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    They were done, but there was a single line/tool mark, which prompted us to refinish all of them. Should be couple of weeks

Downloads
    Uploads
    JCW (Joint Castle nut Wrench) is shipping http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/JCW_p_129.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    4140 ESF will be in production soon. They will be Ionbond treated, black nitride would have made staking a challenge. 4140 ESF will be available in black or FDE, and rotation limited only. 4140 ESF will be the first end plate/sling adapter with side facing QD sockets to be made out of steel. Heretofore, all such designs, including our own 7075 ESF, have been made in aluminum. We like 4140 for its strength, but more importantly, because staking will be more secure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks good. I like the new placement of the logo as well.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's as small as can be machine engraved, we must be the only company that wants it logo small, not bigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    4140 ESF with DLC black or FDE is available :)

Here it is in DLC FDE, compared to other shades of FDE.

Heretofore, most, if not all end plates with side facing QD swivel sockets have been made in aluminum, including our own 7075 ESF. We don't call the 4140 ESF "heavy duty", as it would imply our 7075 ESF is light duty, which it assuredly isn't.

Whether an aluminum or steel end plate is in use, when the castle nut is staked, a wrench is usually needed to loosen the castle nut, 4140 ESF's displaced material will hold the staking better, it is also more durable than 7075.

There have been reports of aluminum QD swivel adapters (rail mounted) wearing out from hard use by the hard chargers in uniform. 4140 ESF is a companion product for our upcoming 4140 MLOK QD swivel mount. While the industry has been on the bandwagon to go lightweight, our focus has always been duty/combat ready. With 4140 ESF, you can see our direction hasn't changed.

If you're looking for light weight, 4140 ESF is not it. But if you want the toughest end plate with side facing (plus a rear facing) QD socket, there is nothing stronger than the 4140 ESF.

http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/ESF_p_126.html
    Last edited by Duffy; 2 November 2018 at 14:42.