Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design ESF (End plate, Sling adapter, Forward Controls Design)

The concept and products like this have been around, KAC was the first, then there was DD, LWRC, Tangodown, Tacticallink, etc., TD's PR4 and Tacticallink install over existing end plate and castle nut, for agencies that don't allow parts like these to be substituted. KAC's and LWRC's are quite similar. ESF is definitely not an original concept, but we're rarely the first on the scene, not being first doesn't matter and doesn't bother us. I think this may be the first end plate/sling adapter in the form of an end plate that has side facing and rear facing sockets, which explains its shape, it is a little different looking from the KAC and LWRC end plate/sling adapters.

Here is a first look of the ESF prototype. Don't mind the nut that's holding the ESF and RE to the lower, it's not a an AR spec castle nut or AR spec anything. A standard castle nut will come flush with the rear of the ESF. A bit of last minute development is we're likely to develop our own short castle nut wrench in conjunction with the ESF. In most cases, a 3 lug castle nut wrench can be used to torque down the ESF, but since the QD socket housing masks 1/4 of the castle nut's circumference, a 2 lug castle nut wrench will ensure it will always be able to engage 2 notches.

ESF uses standard carbine castle nut, allows the castle nut to be staked and the carbine stock to fully collapse. It is incompatible with A1 and A2 fixed stocks.

There will be two production versions, one with limiters on the side facing sockets, and one without limiters.

The addition of an elongated end plate does give the AR15 receiver an AR10/SR25 like silhouette, that's kind of coincidental. I've always thought the AR15 carbine receiver's rear looks abruptly chopped off, and it is. AR15 receiver flows into an A2 or A1 stock, but with a carbine, the receive end suddenly with the receiver extension sticking out of it. We didn't create ESF for looks, but it's nice it helps the aesthetics of the AR carbine. If you use a very high hold on the pistol grip, the extra length in the rear can provide more support for your hand.
    Last edited by Duffy; 15 May 2018 at 07:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well done Duf!! I really like the design. Can’t wait to see it in production and on the website! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I gotta agree. That looks great!
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good. How about a pic with your new castle nut?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ESF prototypes are on their way to us for testing, till then, only pics of the rapid prototype with the CNF

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I was the only person that liked the longer receiver of an ar10/sr25 compared to the chopped off look of an ar15. I may need some of these.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will, we're not the only ones. More than a few occasions folks have asked if my KAC end plate equipped AR15 was different because of the extra 0.5" the KAC end plate adds to the receiver. When I looked into it, I realized the reason why the 0.5" makes the AR carbine receiver look complete. The rear of the receiver doesn't transition, but abruptly cuts to the RE. The 0.5" length helps transition the receiver to stock gap.

Not that I'd make a long end plate just for that, even if it might help a bit with folks with a very high hold on the pistol grip.

Testing something in the desert, the AR has a KAC end plate installed.
    Last edited by Duffy; 16 May 2018 at 07:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any idea what the price point will be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rough estimate is no more than 1/2 of KAC's end plate

Downloads
    Uploads
    ESF 7075 prototype. Production material may be different, or we may offer both 7075 and 4140 options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In this pic, I spray canned the ESF prototype and installed on a painted receiver. ESF lengthens the AR receiver, and gives it an AR10/SR25 silhouette, even though its looks are just the result of its functions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks dynamite. Looking forward to trying one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Will, we're not the only ones. More than a few occasions folks have asked if my KAC end plate equipped AR15 was different because of the extra 0.5" the KAC end plate adds to the receiver. When I looked into it, I realized the reason why the 0.5" makes the AR carbine receiver look complete. The rear of the receiver doesn't transition, but abruptly cuts to the RE. The 0.5" length helps transition the receiver to stock gap.

Not that I'd make a long end plate just for that, even if it might help a bit with folks with a very high hold on the pistol grip.

Testing something in the desert, the AR has a KAC end plate installed.
    An AR looks so much better with that gap filled.
    Will grab a one for sure.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/