Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Roger!!
    Im
    Picked up my first one a few minutes ago! With QD swing swivel, which is also a good buy.

Thanks!!

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Robert!

Here's a 7075 ESF in desert tan, it's a shade lighter than the 3 FDE shades on the M600DF I just got from Will at Arisaka Defense today

Downloads
    Uploads
    JCW (Joint Castle nut Wrench) prototype

Last edited by Duffy; 25 June 2018 at 07:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shut up and take my money!!!!!! Seriously, have to have this. Nice job.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."-Capt. John Parker, Lexington Militia on April 19, 1775

NRA PATRON MEMBER
    RETIRED ARMY SOF

"Fortis cadere, cedere non potest"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    DCW (Duplex Castle nut Wrench) prototype

I can tell you need to have that wrench klutz tested. You know, the tests:
    - Banged knuckle tests
    - Profanity Count Test
    - Beer Opening Viability Tests
    - Zombie Slayin’ Device Tests
    - The Anything Not Covered Above Test

I volunteer my humble services good sir.
    :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    That'a a lot of tests Robert

It's funny you should mention that. I was thinking about incorporating a bottle opener to it, or a 3/4 wrench for the flash suppressor. We decided to not go the multi-use route, and just stick to the mission at hand. I knew once went started making tools, it'd be tempting to keep adding functions to it. The market has no need for another armorer's tool.

So we kept the JCW (made a mistake with the name in previous posts) simple and dedicated. FCD had already started to branch out to non-gun designs, started with the simple but quite useful Sling Keep A, then Sling Keep B. The Joint Castle nut Wrench is the latest, there are other non-gun projects already designed and near production status that haven't been announced.

I know why I'd like a simple but heavy duty castle nut wrench, wonder if it's the same reason with you guys. The armorer's wrenches I have are big and heavy, for the most part I don't use them unless I need to connect a torque wrench. I install and uninstall REs a lot for testing stuff, so I end up using this cheap ass sheet metal wrench, probably bought for $8 back in the early 2000s, it works but there's no way to use a torque wrench with it.

A dedicated heavy duty castle nut wrench seems to have a niche. The 2 lug wrench is perfect for end plate/sling adapters that at times can't present all 3 wrench notches for the conventional 3 lug wrenches, as the 2 lug wrench only requires only 100 to 100 degree of the castle nut radius to work. A 3 lug wrench will need 190 to 200 degree of the radius to engage all 3 lugs.
    Last edited by Duffy; 25 June 2018 at 07:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The sheet metal wrench.... mine has been bent and reshaped and I use it only on nuts I can’t access with the Magpul wrench (eg pistol tubes).

But the Magpul armorers wrench is large if using a torque wrench with it. Having a dedicated wrench like yours would be great. I rarely use the other features on the armorers wrench.

I’m guessing your two lug wrench is for two exposed wrenches in the 45* locations and not the 180* locations. The SMOS castle nut only has the 180* lugs and does not give ideal purchase with either wrench mentioned above. Not sure if other manufacturers use nuts like SMOS, but I wanted to mention it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had no idea SMOS made out of spec castle nuts, why would one do that? Many castle nut wrenches won't work with it. A set screw and no staking notches? So users can tighten it without staking the castle nut? Without staking notches, the ability to do so has been removed. Why go out of your way just to avoid doing what is the proper means of securing a castle nut?

JCW's 2 lug wrench does indeed use two adjacent notches, 90 degrees apart, not 180 degrees. 180 degree would encompass all three notches, which the 3 lug wrench can handle.

Ironically, JCW might work with the SMOS out of spec castle nut.
    Last edited by Duffy; 25 June 2018 at 08:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I'm gonna need one of those wrenches...

Only have two slots exposed for tightening the castle nut with the ESF.

Sitting here not quite sure what to do.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have a Multitasker, it'll work with just 2 available notches, though you can't torque it with a torque wrench. JCWs are in production now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a multitasker, just a castle but wrench. I'll order one of yours as soon as they're available, and probably at least one more ESF/Castle nut combo. This thing is awesome.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The "high back" of the ESF acts as backstop. Should excessive pulling force is applied on the rear facing socket and the ring part of ESF starts to bend, ESF's socket housing will almost immediately bottom out against the castle nut. There's hardly any space between the castle nut and ESF, for the same reason. Not necessary perhaps, but I like assurances

There has been frequent comparison between KAC's end plate/sling adapter and ESF, so I wrote an article about it :) http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/ESF_ep_60-1.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot the kind of quality work a professional photographer is capable of

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great.

And appears peppered pixel is back in the game!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I forgot the kind of quality work a professional photographer is capable of

That is an excellent shot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/