Thread: color match?

Downloads
    Uploads

color match?

Can someone tell me if this (DuraCoat 4oz Magpul Flat Dark Earth) does in fact match Magpul's dark earth? I have the UBR stock and could obviously only get it in black. Has anybody painted something like this and if so how did it hold up? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is supposed to be a pretty good match.

The largest issue may be in application. Make sure you apply thin coats, and don't let it develop that glossy sheen that many Duracoat/ Epoxy finishes seem to have. Multiple light coats will work and look much better than one or two heavy coats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    excellent. I will do exactly that...thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post pictures of your work if you do it and your opinion on how it came out based on your ability to apply it? I am real interested in Duracoat on plastic, and Duracoat in general. I have seen several pics, but never talked to anyone who actually applied it themselves. Please keep us posted and good luck.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a User-Submitted Review, just waiting to happen. :)

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered it the other day once Stick responded. I will be happy to fill ya'll in on the results and my process,...and will do my best to post some pics. I have been unsuccessful so far at posting any kind of pictures on the forum. Everytime I try it just posts the link to whatever site I try to upload them too, instead of the picture. In any case will try,..