I bought this Burris MSR .223 3-9x on a whim because my LGS was pretty much blowing them out. MSRP on these is $189. Before I purchased they were on Amazon for $169 and Optics Planet for about the same. Got the scope for $89 and put it in a Burris PEPR mount I have.

I was looking for some cheap glass to put on my Larue Ultimate Upper Kit (and matching lower) that is in route to my house. I blew my cash on the rifle and wanted to get something on top of it to shoot it until funds free up for a more robust option. I will probably end up going with a Vortex Viper 1-6x or Strike Eagle 1-8x when the funds become available. I figured I could use this in the mean time, then switch it over to a Ruger 10-22 in the future.

In many respects you get what you pay for. There is no illumination (why would you expect that at this price) and there are no other real features. It has capped turrets and a nice simple BDC type reticle. The elevation turret is marked for a return to zero so you can change your elevation on the fly. It is also a 1" tube. For the price I paid I was expecting a made in China product, but it was actually a half step up (in my mind) and made in the Phillipines.

I popped it into a Burris PEPR mount and test fit it to another rifle I have. I will be up front and tell you all that I have no experience with any high end scopes and the "best" scope I have ever owned and still own is a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x. I have also owned a Strike Eagle 1-6x, a Millet 1-6x and a Vortex Crossfire 1-4x. So my comparisons are to other low to mid range powered optics.

What I did notice right away is that the glass on the Burris is more clear than my Vortex Viper. Not by much, but the sight picture is nice and clear all the way from 3-9x. I was very surprised by this. I really was not expecting the glass to be that clear for the money I paid. It is obvious, however, that it will not be as robust as the Vortex Viper, which is to be expected. The clicks on the turrets are sloppy but acceptable.

So to sum it up, this cheap little scope kinda surprised me and is much nicer than I was expecting with nice clear glass. It is not something I would use long term on anything but a plinker or hobby gun, but it is good for what it is...an above average (the the price point) little scope. I would compare it most to a Vortex Crossfire scope, but with much better glass and a cheaper price tag. I think it will actually be an excellent scope for my future plans for it on top of a 10/22.

When I get my Larue Rifle together I will put it on top and give a range report of the rifle and scope.