Downloads
    Uploads

Finishing up (Not another SPR-ish thread!)

Rainy, crappy weekend so far. Gonna drag all this down to the shop and make the magic happen.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Came out alright. Gotta shift some roles to make room. The 18" is just long; probably ought to become a Valkyrie. The Recce is becoming more of a battle rifle (Just like IRL!) The KAC rifle (14.5") is just a great all-purpose headbanger, fast and uncomplicated. The 10.5" BLK is the ultimate indoor/CAB rifle IMO; nimble, quiet and runs no matter what.

I have one lower left that I'm torn between doing a 10.3" 5.56, or a 6.8 SPC II, unsure of barrel length for that one.

Help me pick my last small frame project before I move on to 7.62 frames.

Suggestions? Comments? Smartass remarks?

Long stick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks pretty darn good to me!

6.8 looks alright but why not go big bore? .458 would be pretty cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great. Radian Receivers always look good.

I vote 10.3"

Pretty much all I shoot these days are 10.3 and 10.5"

Downloads
    Uploads
    That does look awfully SPR-ish.

Is that an adjustable gas block? A suppressed 18" rifle is a sweet shooter, especially if you can tune the gas.

If you hunt furry woodland creatures, then I'd vote for the 6.8 SPC. It's a great round for medium game. A 12.5" 6.8 is a very useful setup. But if you don't hunt, then, as much as I love the round, it's probably not worth adding as a new caliber to the inventory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    .458 would be cool, but it's also insanely expensive, as is 6.8, but neither can achieve compelling status for me unless I take up reloading. I have zero interest in x39mm ammo, so it looks like it'll be .223. Perhaps another round of 416 uppers will make the rounds at the right time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That does look awfully SPR-ish.

Is that an adjustable gas block? A suppressed 18" rifle is a sweet shooter, especially if you can tune the gas.

If you hunt furry woodland creatures, then I'd vote for the 6.8 SPC. It's a great round for medium game. A 12.5" 6.8 is a very useful setup. But if you don't hunt, then, as much as I love the round, it's probably not worth adding as a new caliber to the inventory.
    Standard SA low pro block. Still gotta snag a taper mount flash comp, but this won't be full time, or majority suppressed until I can catch up on a few cans.

Ohio doesn't allow rifles for hunting, with the exception of hogs and Coyotes. Those are fun to whack with ARs, but I've been using .223 on coyote and feral dogs since I was a kid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks great. Radian Receivers always look good.

I vote 10.3"

Pretty much all I shoot these days are 10.3 and 10.5"
    Now that you have time behind that 416 upper, how has your opinion ofactuated SA evolved?

I still want to believe there's a worthwhile reduction in heat and fouling, dammit!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Now that you have time behind that 416 upper, how has your opinion ofactuated SA evolved?

I still want to believe there's a worthwhile reduction in heat and fouling, dammit!
    If you want a 416 and have the means, get a 416. But I'd argue for how you and I use our guns (ie, recreationally and not for duty use), they're not necessary. I just rolled over 1K rounds yesterday shooting in a competition with mine in the rain all day. I will say what I did appreciate was not getting my eye pro blasted by an oily watery mess on the first shot of each stage like I do with a DI gun in rain.

I've enjoyed shooting it, and will continue shooting it. It's been something a little different to play with and an interesting piece of engineering to look at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    If you want a 416 and have the means, get a 416. But I'd argue for how you and I use our guns (ie, recreationally and not for duty use), they're not necessary. I just rolled over 1K rounds yesterday shooting in a competition with mine in the rain all day. I will say what I did appreciate was not getting my eye pro blasted by an oily watery mess on the first shot of each stage like I do with a DI gun in rain.

I've enjoyed shooting it, and will continue shooting it. It's been something a little different to play with and an interesting piece of engineering to look at.
    I second this.

Get a 416 upper if you want one, not because it's some magical AR. You could definitely argue that it's better than DI if money were removed as a consideration. I really enjoy shooting my 416's for what it is.... recreationally, and the fact not everyone at the range has one is a bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Came out alright. Gotta shift some roles to make room. The 18" is just long; probably ought to become a Valkyrie. The Recce is becoming more of a battle rifle (Just like IRL!) The KAC rifle (14.5") is just a great all-purpose headbanger, fast and uncomplicated. The 10.5" BLK is the ultimate indoor/CAB rifle IMO; nimble, quiet and runs no matter what.

I have one lower left that I'm torn between doing a 10.3" 5.56, or a 6.8 SPC II, unsure of barrel length for that one.

Help me pick my last small frame project before I move on to 7.62 frames.

Suggestions? Comments? Smartass remarks?

Long stick

Nice looking rifle, man. She's got legs for days.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I second this.

Get a 416 upper if you want one, not because it's some magical AR. You could definitely argue that it's better than DI if money were removed as a consideration. I really enjoy shooting my 416's for what it is.... recreationally, and the fact not everyone at the range has one is a bonus.
    POW! You both hit it for me. I don't want to pull out a Colt 6920 and look just like every other swingin' dick at the range (Just one of a list of reasons I'm not a fan of public ranges). I think the benefits outweigh the weight penalty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    POW! You both hit it for me. I don't want to pull out a Colt 6920 and look just like every other swingin' dick at the range (Just one of a list of reasons I'm not a fan of public ranges). I think the benefits outweigh the weight penalty.
    If you ever have $3200 ish burning a hole in your pocket, I know a guy. Gator and I bought ours from the same dude.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great. Excellent looking build.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very Nice!
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger