Just got my Larue Ultimate Upper Kit today. I have a Larue Lower Receiver on order but it is on backorder so it may take 3 months to get it. For now its on a spare lower I had laying around. I got a 16" .223 stealth barrel with 13" M-Lock rail. Besides a barrel I bought from them in the past, this is the first significant purchase I have made from Larue since the price was too good to pass up for too long. I have always thought that Mark Larue was kind of an ass with some of the interactions people have had with him on that other forum, but his wares have always seemed to be top notch. I am by no means an Larue Fanboy (if I was a fanboy of a brand I have always had a thing for Noveske). A few thoughts after putting it together...

1. Fit and finish is excellent. I love the integrated upper/rail. Perfect alignment, no gap, just solid lock up and nice lines.
2. Surprised by the furniture. I have always thought that the Larue stock and grip were hideous but never actually used them. They are still hideous, but quite functional. I like how they feel in the hands.
3. Heavy as hell. I knew this going in as I went with the 16" Stealth barrel. I was surprised, however, that the stock was so heavy. It is not a lightweight stock. I don't have a 16" gun in my safe and I don't really have a more precision oriented gun either. I built this to fill this role and weight was not a primary, or secondary concern.
4. Everything was packaged great and I got it just a week after I ordered it...Just wish the lower would come quicker.
5. I like the trigger. I always just use an ALG QMS or ACT trigger in my builds and never used a good 2 stage. I think I will like this at the range. It has a nice feel to it.

So for the moment I have a Burris MSR 223 3-9x on the rifle as it was cheap and I blew my whole load on the rifle. After a couple of months I will be replacing that scope with a quality 1-6x optic and moving the burris to a 10/22.

I will give a range report after I get it out.