Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glock dick is now really a thing.

I've never been much of a fan of appendix carry, now I'm convinced it's asking for an unfair shake! Some will say it was negligence, I haven't seen a follow-on article to conclude one way or the other. I will say that when I strap up, I put on a holstered weapon, rather than placing the gun into the holster on my belt. I'm still convinced that a trigger guard and clip draw are just as safe and far more comfortable and provides better concealment.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...t-or-accident/

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp...lock43.mp4?_=1
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I’ll continue to carry at 4 o’ clock, thank you very much.

Voodoo — Thanks for sharing, that was a good read. I think that was my first time visiting your website, but it definitely won’t be my last. You hit the nail on the head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would never appendix carry a Glock, personally. 1911 is another story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's gonna leave a mark.

Although I'm personally not a fan of appendix carry, that was more so an operator error. There was likely something that found its way into the holster, like a piece of clothing or gear, which depressed the trigger as he bent over.

I liked how the woman there was totally calm, immediately retrieved a tourniquet and was ready to do some work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AIWB isn't the problem. A lot of people carry AIWB and they do not have issues, most of them follow very basic, but logically functional, protocols for carrying that way. Others....shoot themselves in the junk.

It is almost always training, and sometimes the equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the thing that makes this occurrence stand out (at least for me), is that at no time was there contact between the shooter's body and the trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I think the thing that makes this occurrence stand out (at least for me), is that at no time was there contact between the shooter's body and the trigger.
    There are things that occur due to combinations of tools and tracking, or rather lack thereof.

Logical understanding of protocols, procedures and odors/tiers of effects is paramount to not shooting yourself in the junk.

Philosophically speaking, he shot himself in the junk the moment that pistol and holster combination met his lack of training.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    There are things that occur due to combinations of tools and tracking, or rather lack thereof.

Logical understanding of protocols, procedures and odors/tiers of effects is paramount to not shooting yourself in the junk.

Philosophically speaking, he shot himself in the junk the moment that pistol and holster combination met his lack of training.
    I agree with you 100%. However I know several "gun slingers" whose only training is the 20 or so shots they fired to get their CCW permit and the moment they concealed that weapon, I believe some of them feel that God has bestowed instant badassery upon them. Ego's can overcome training also. I have to admit that the older I get, the less cocky I get, and have seriously reevaluated my skill level and have adjusted accordingly. I've seen people almost blow their wedding tackle off at least 3 times on the 'net. One was a cop teaching school kids and in the middle of telling them he was the only one in the class qualified to handle a weapon, immediately followed by a loud bang and a new hole in his body. Then there was a "Tex" who shot himself in the leg doing everything wrong, while filming a "tutorial" on drawing then blaming every thing and one but himself, and just about shot his off too, now this guy. I can only imagine what a shock that was before he realized his situation, fortunately he just happened to get a through and through in the thigh, so he got to keep his junk too.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see the facts laid out by an investigation of what happened there. Nonetheless, we agree this was stupid. I'd just like to know the facts and chain of events leading to the stupidity, aside from "Stupid guy wakes up, shoots self in groin."

It's apparent the Safe Action stuff is working, because the dumbfuck threw the gun on the floor when he removed it from his belt (not saying I wouldn't throw the sumbitch, either, but I would consider the consequences for others nearby)

I'll try my hand: Agree that many aspects seem staged. Agree that this firearm was probably tweaked on by a kitchen table armorer... too much. Glocks, IMO, are not LEGO toys, yet some people treat them as such. It could have been trapped clothing, a slam fire, God only knows. A definitive answer would be nice and the source isn't making noise.

It boils down to respect for the weapon/tool, and as Col. Jeff Cooper said "Anybody that shoots and doesn't have an AD, doesn't really shoot that much." (Paraphrasing) If you're in it for very long, it will happen. The factor that saves experienced people is following the 4 fundamental rules of firearm safety. I had a glock 22 lock back (thought the mag was empty, right?), shot the release and fired and BANG! Needless to say, that was a surprise. Thankfully, per the rules, the barrel was pointed downrange. That led me to adopt the practice of instantly dropping the mag and visually clearing the chamber, unless doing a hot reload. I only shoot around 100-300 rounds a week. More than some, far less than many, but if I get sloppy, I back off and slow down.

All the more reason to love on my P30. DA/SA can run just fine in condition 2 and still fire pretty quick when needed. No striker gun can do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I agree with you 100%. However I know several "gun slingers" whose only training is the 20 or so shots they fired to get their CCW permit and the moment they concealed that weapon, I believe some of them feel that God has bestowed instant badassery upon them. Ego's can overcome training also. I have to admit that the older I get, the less cocky I get, and have seriously reevaluated my skill level and have adjusted accordingly. I've seen people almost blow their wedding tackle off at least 3 times on the 'net. One was a cop teaching school kids and in the middle of telling them he was the only one in the class qualified to handle a weapon, immediately followed by a loud bang and a new hole in his body. Then there was a "Tex" who shot himself in the leg doing everything wrong, while filming a "tutorial" on drawing then blaming every thing and one but himself, and just about shot his off too, now this guy. I can only imagine what a shock that was before he realized his situation, fortunately he just happened to get a through and through in the thigh, so he got to keep his junk too.

FT
    Its an unfortunate side effect of the "2a culture" and "CCW culture" in general.

The best way to overcome the "CCW ego" or "fear" which is associated with carrying a firearm concealed on your person is proper training. Finding an experienced instructor (or three) and going out of your way to take their classes, taking notes, training in your free time. Creating proper protocols for your firearms manipulations.

The fact is that a good instructor can instantly humble a student's ego through effectively challenging their skill sets (or lack thereof).

I have personally seen this occur numerous times in LE settings in both directions, officer's getting their ego's checked by instructors and instructors getting their ego's checked by officers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Video appears staged to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Video appears staged to me.
    To what end?. I suppose anything is possible, but faking blowing your balls off?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    To what end?. I suppose anything is possible, but faking blowing your balls off?

FT
    0 smoke and their reactions just seem rehearsed. I mean if a round just passed thru my leg, those pants are around my ankles in seconds. He’s casually removing items as if he scratched his leg.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    All the more reason to love on my P30. DA/SA can run just fine in condition 2 and still fire pretty quick when needed. No striker gun can do that.
    Just FYI, the Walther P99 AS is a SFA DA/SA.