Downloads
    Uploads

116DB 9mm Suppressor

I was going to get you guy's reactions to this. If you go to just past 11:00 in the video he said with Freedom Munitions Hush 165 grain on a Glock 17 in metered on average 116.1 DB.

On different hosts using different ammo he said it went up to 122DB.

That 116 number is stupid quiet though. That's .22LR quiet.

What are your thoughts?

Mine are that the tests are not the same across the board so it's hard to compare exactly, but with that ammo and gun combo if that's verified it's really quiet.

Comparing apples to apples though same gun, same ammo, same day, different can... it seems like that one is around 3 or 4 DB quieter 'apples to apples' than most of the competition.

Compared to what was previously 'the standard ammo' that a lot of the videos out there on YT used it's 8 to 10 DB quieter. (All those previous tests filmed a year or two ago used nameless 147 grain ammo) In other words it seems to me to be some of the can and some of the ammo and a good marketing campaign.

It might be some marketing and still a quiet can but to know that is achievable in 9mm is pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it sounds too good to be true....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If it sounds too good to be true....
    I honestly believe it's possible to get that low with the right ammo and other variables under control. That said when they send a few out and let people run independent tests on it by people with their own meters is when it will be really proven or not.

Like I said though, with the right ammo combinations and better suppressor designs I think a lot is possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We need Bose to make Active Noise Cancelling cans

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I honestly believe it's possible to get that low with the right ammo and other variables under control. That said when they send a few out and let people run independent tests on it by people with their own meters is when it will be really proven or not.

Like I said though, with the right ammo combinations and better suppressor designs I think a lot is possible.
    Kind of reminds me of the JJFU claims. Right ammo, right atmospheric conditions.... on Mars, yes we can get 112 dbs .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah....I think 116 is low...we will see other tests in the future and if they back that up

And my Hush .22 50gr “subs” go supersonic from my .22 rifles so I don’t know if I trust the ammo line. I’d like to see AE Suppressor 9mm or Fiocchi 158gr subs in the test

The hush 9mm wasn’t evening allowing the Glock 19 to function; looks like that’s a no go unless it’ll operate something like a Ruger 9mm takedown PCC. Getting a dB rating from a 9mm ammo that’s so underpowered it won’t cycle a pistol is like using CCI Quiet to test a new .22 can and claiming it has revolutionary sound reduction. That’s just NOT a good ammo to use as the base line. They had Fiocchi 158 in the video...why not meter it? Everyone knows it’s quality stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Yeah....I think 116 is low...we will see other tests in the future and if they back that up

And my Hush .22 50gr “subs” go supersonic from my .22 rifles so I don’t know if I trust the ammo line. I’d like to see AE Suppressor 9mm or Fiocchi 158gr subs in the test

The hush 9mm wasn’t evening allowing the Glock 19 to function; looks like that’s a no go unless it’ll operate something like a Ruger 9mm takedown PCC. Getting a dB rating from a 9mm ammo that’s so underpowered it won’t cycle a pistol is like using CCI Quiet to test a new .22 can and claiming it has revolutionary sound reduction. That’s just NOT a good ammo to use as the base line. They had Fiocchi 158 in the video...why not meter it? Everyone knows it’s quality stuff
    There you go. You said it way better than me.

As UWone said, we aren't shooting on Mars with perfect conditions.

I'm not doubting the can is fine and pretty quiet but send out some samples for other real world tests. If it comes back on average 4 or 5 DB quieter than others then hey, where do I place my order?

Until then it's worth looking at but not without skepticism.