Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacations

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    If Charleston SC is on your list, check out seabrook island. It is basically a gated private community on an island. We are friends with a couple that has a place there. Very nice, quiet and private. Family friendly and maybe an hour south of Charleston. Annual expenses there can be a tad high, but if that exclusivity and privacy appeals to you, check it out.

Daufuskie island is south of Charleston and also very remote and relaxing. Travel by golf cart, see the school house from Pat Conroy’s book “The Water is Wide” (he wrote The great Santini and Lords of Discipline)

And by all means if any of you come to SC, let me know!! I grew up on the coast, I can help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how you guys enjoy Charleston. Every time I've been there, I've been devoured by the noseeums. Mosquitoes I can live with, but those little things are just vicious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went in September quite a few years ago. Don’t remember bugs, but nothing will compare to the time that we rented a condo in chincoteague for a couple of days. Skeeters were miserable, thick in the air and everything. Only vacation where it was actually so bad we didn’t hardly go outside. Only about 2 hours in the day fit to fish. Otherwise it was a sprint back and forth from the car to the door.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I don't know how you guys enjoy Charleston. Every time I've been there, I've been devoured by the noseeums. Mosquitoes I can live with, but those little things are just vicious.
    They’re programmed to eat out of towners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    I went in September quite a few years ago. Don’t remember bugs, but nothing will compare to the time that we rented a condo in chincoteague for a couple of days...
    I grew up on the Chesapeake. There are definitely some pockets where no one is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    They’re programmed to eat out of towners
    Apparently! I also had a miserable experience anchored out on a boat at Hilton Head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chesapeake is pretty in the fall. Less man eating bugs too. Did a lot of fishing down around NAS PAX.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have been getting renting a place in cape Charles for a week the last couple of years, it works really nice being on the bay side. with high tide giving you calm water maybe a foot deep for probably 30 yards out, it’s been great for getting the girls used to ‘big water’. OBX is a bit rough for toddlers.