Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

I didn't see any details on this other than there would be an announcement on June 11th

Name:  Aimpoint.png
Views: 2692
Size:  337.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aimpoint has already pulled it off their site.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    already pulled...

I was curious about that because another site had claimed to quote from Aimpoint's product page the following.

The Aimpoint® Acro P-1 is developed for use on pistols and other weapon platforms requiring a small enclosed red dot system. It is the only sight in its size category fully tested for shock, vibration, temperature span and other environmental stress.

The Acro P-1 is the smallest enclosed system on the market.

Tested with a minimum of 20,000 rounds on a .40 cal pistol slide, this small optic has proven to lead in ruggedness and reliability in its category. The Acro P-1 can be used as a backup sight for magnifying scopes, personal defense weapons, and any area where a small red dot system is applicable.

And posted these bullet points.

Optimized for pistol and applications which require a low profile red dot system
    The only fully enclosed system in its size on the market
    Designed for direct integration onto pistol slides
    Over 1-year battery operation on position 6 of 10
    Battery installation while optic is still mounted on weapon
    NVD compatible
    Submersible to a depth of 25 m (82 ft)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a t1 2moa on a unity atom slide. It's really hard to see how anything is even remotely better.

Making it 3.5moa instead of 1moa or 2moa is a copy of the popular RMR. If they wanted to make an rmr competitor, they should have made it look similar. It just looks like a block t1/2.

I'll have to see it in person before I make judgment but unless it offers vastly better performance than a t1/2 I'll have to pass.

Only good thing will be the t1/2's will be cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have a t1 2moa on a unity atom slide. It's really hard to see how anything is even remotely better.

Making it 3.5moa instead of 1moa or 2moa is a copy of the popular RMR. If they wanted to make an rmr competitor, they should have made it look similar. It just looks like a block t1/2.

I'll have to see it in person before I make judgment but unless it offers vastly better performance than a t1/2 I'll have to pass.

Only good thing will be the t1/2's will be cheaper.
    Because it’s sized like a RMR and not the abortion of a T2 on a pistol slide.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/08...d-dot-pistols/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post

Exactly.

This is built for a pistol, not a rifle optic fitted to work on a pistol. However, I wonder if the extra .1 width will affect holsters, or even the fit on a pistol. Or maybe it won't make a bit of difference.

Name:  Aim.jpg
Views: 6113
Size:  31.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Right, that's my point...

It's smaller than a t1/2 which is perfectly sized for pistols. I do not like the RMR, even though most optic mounted pistols have them, I think they are lacking in one way or another.

Once I get my hands on one of these I'll do a write up. The T1/2 works because of its size, the RMR works because it has a single glass plane.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Exactly.

This is built for a pistol, not a rifle optic fitted to work on a pistol. However, I wonder if the extra .1 width will affect holsters, or even the fit on a pistol. Or maybe it won't make a bit of difference.

Name:  Aim.jpg
Views: 6113
Size:  31.9 KB

Definitely looks larger on a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Right, that's my point...

It's smaller than a t1/2 which is perfectly sized for pistols. I do not like the RMR, even though most optic mounted pistols have them, I think they are lacking in one way or another.

Once I get my hands on one of these I'll do a write up. The T1/2 works because of its size, the RMR works because it has a single glass plane.
    Not a big fan of the RMR’s myself. I thought the Docter red dots were superior to the RMR’s I’ve used on handguns.

But one regard that always made me wonder was stating the dot size in MOA. They never State at what distance from the eye they measure it at. With a magnified optic the size is consistent due to the eye relief of the optic. Red dots do not have that built in consistency. Is it a 3.5 MOA dot at a rearward position on a AR or at arms length on a handgun?

Downloads
    Uploads
    But one regard that always made me wonder was stating the dot size in MOA. They never State at what distance from the eye they measure it at. With a magnified optic the size is consistent due to the eye relief of the optic. Red dots do not have that built in consistency. Is it a 3.5 MOA dot at a rearward position on a AR or at arms length on a handgun?
    With a reflex sight, if the dot was 3.5moa 4 inches from the eye, what would it be at arms length 20 inches from the eye?

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the rmr's I have is 1moa. It's nice in that it's very useable at distances for precision and up close.

The 2moa of the t1/2 is the most useable pistol mounted optic I've ever used. It's expensive, but shooting with it makes for the thought of cheating in accuracy.

The smaller the optic the harder to use effectively.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

The article with the photos and description was hosted on a remarkably clickbait-ish website. Anyone see anything official from aimpoint yet?

It looks like it’s got some potential, and I suppose the “fully enclosed” part was geared toward a specific application, but it does look enough like a brick that you could probably build dollhouse walls with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    All you need is a 12" suppressor on that thing and you will hit super tacticool mall ninja expert status...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    All you need is a 12" suppressor on that thing and you will hit super tacticool mall ninja expert status...
    I kinda want to add a rail to my SJC noun on my 26LOL and mount my UH-1 to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the Specs from Recoil web, they also have a short write up.

Battery: 3V lithium battery, CR1225
    Battery life: Day time, > 1 year of continuous use at position 6
    Window aperture: 0.63 × 0.63 in
    Length: 1.2 inches
    Width: 1.2 inches
    Height: 1.9 inches
    Weight: 2.1 ounces (w/battery)
    Housing: Anodized Aluminum
    Windage/Elevation Adjustment: 1 click = .6 in at 100 yards
    Adjustment Range: ±1 yards at 100 yards in windage and elevation
    Mount: Integrated keyed surface mount
    Temperature range (operation): -49°F to 160°F