Downloads
    Uploads

Bolt Action AR Upper

Check this out. It looks pretty interesting. An AR patterned upper only it is bolt action and it's compatible with AR patterned lowers. That to me is pretty interesting.

So far it appears to be offered in 224 Valkyrie, .308, 6.5CM, and .243.

What do you guys think?

Name:  product-main.jpg
Views: 27825
Size:  29.6 KB

https://thereloadersnetwork.com/2018...pr-15-arrives/

https://uintahprecision.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a bolt, they need to be showing pictures of holes really close together on paper. My expectations for accuracy jump up a bit once you take the gas away.

Edit: when you can pick up the RPR for $900 , I'm not sure where this is going to fit in the market.
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 16 June 2018 at 07:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Idk, someone would have to tell me the practical application of this over gas, because I certainly don't see it.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you want a bolt gun you should get a bolt gun. If you want an AR, you should get an AR.

This looks ridiculous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has more applications as a N.Y. compliant rifle. Since we can't have semi autos without them being neutered or fixed magazines these options do well where freedom doesn't exist

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of you have very valid points for sure. Here was my original take on it though, or rather how I saw it. I wasn't really saying 'this exact company/product' but rather the idea behind it.

Yes I said the EXACT same thing as BoilerUp. I also said the same thing as UWone. I am definitely in the market for bolt guns but that's just me.

Where I see potential here is if barrel makers were to catch on to this where you could buy a stripped upper, a bolt or two, and have the modularity of an AR that might be a good thing.

On one hand I would love to have guns in many different calibers and configurations. If it ever caught on the idea of a modular bolt gun that you can mix and match to your own preferences kind of seems cool to me.

Buying a complete upper with proprietary parts (for me) is a no go, but if the various parts were as common as AR parts that would be interesting. I could barrel or rebarrel a gun any time I wanted right at home with standard extension or whatever. Instead of taking what they give me in the way of bolt guns in theory I could have several uppers for various uses all in various calibers.

The idea to build a bolt gun with the same configurability as an AR sounds like a cool concept. I don't think they are there yet with all the offerings or participation, but the idea behind it seems pretty cool. I guess that's more where I was going with that idea, or rather the concept.

Custom building a bolt gun using better parts is not a cheap thing. At least what I have been looking at is several thousand bucks per gun not including optics. I guess I am thinking way away from smaller calibers and more into stuff like 300 RUM, .308, 7mm RUM, 300WM, or any number of things.

A good action alone is $1000-$1200 bucks. Then a barrel. Then a gunsmith. Then a trigger. Then a chasis. It can get very expensive if you are building out your own.

Getting off the shelf guns is a whole other story.