Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just get an ATACR... you deserve it.
    Perhaps after I pick up a Tikka T3X TAC A1 in .260, but I need to be doing a lot more shooting beyond 200 yards first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up getting a Vortex VIper HS 2.5-10x with BDC reticle from the classifieds on another site. It was "used" but essentially new in the box for $260. The outer wrapping was removed, but everything else was still in the internal packaging. I feel like I got a steal on this. I wanted more magnification at first, but after mounting the scope, I can tell it is going to meet my needs just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good deal , the bdc reticle...ehhh..they aren’t my first choice but it’ll work

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sounds like a good deal , the bdc reticle...ehhh..they aren’t my first choice but it’ll work
    I like its simplicity. I can plug my ammo into the ballistic calculator and am good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, if that’s what your after you can dial it in to whatever ammo but long range I’m not gonna want bdc, ranging , holdovers etc are easier for me without the bdc.

But 260 for that was a good deal it sounds like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sure, if that’s what your after you can dial it in to whatever ammo but long range I’m not gonna want bdc, ranging , holdovers etc are easier for me without the bdc.

But 260 for that was a good deal it sounds like.
    The Vortex BDC uses MOA subtensions at 1.5, 4.5, 7.5 and 11 MOA so it seems it would be pretty easy to work with compared to many/most other so-called "BDC" reticles out there (i.e., it's not calibrated to a specific caliber/load)

Nice deal, rxer. That should get you on target.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My point was depending how you tend to shoot, bdc is not the first pick for most, and it does depend on bullet used 55 gr isn’t gonna land in the same spot as a 77gr..anyways , we can discuss this in another thread not to derail.