Before to me the idea of running a light on a firearm was something I rarely thought about. Then maybe a year or two ago I got an Arisaka light for my SBR. I really have to say after having it on there it's pretty damn handy. If I ever got into a situation where I actually had to identify a threat at night I really don't know what I would do without it.

I am obviously not claiming to be a tactical ninja clearing houses and stuff like that, but let's just say it's grown on me. I think it's handy as hell. The practicality and utility is much more handy than I ever thought it would be.

The next logical step is to get a light for a pistol.

If you guys can kind of school me on weapons lights and give me 3 or 4 good options that will help me a bunch. I don't want to say money is no object but I would much rather save and pay more and get more for a really nice light with good controls that I can manipulate better.

I guess my initial criteria are quality, bright, long battery life, and control manipulations that I will like. The Arisaka light that I have has a great big momentary button on it. I really like that. It's simple and effective.

On the few pistol lights that I fiddled with (long ago) sometimes have buttons that are too small, or they have some kind of some kind of 'press the button twice real fast to get a flashing light mode' or whatever, or some other fiddly stuff.

My weapons light experience is pretty much limited so initially I am thinking something with an easily manipulated momentary switch would be best.

I'm wide open for suggestions.