Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    The consensus is that the X300U-B is preferable for any metal rail, such as on your P226 or on a quad rail for a rifle, while the X300U-A is better for polymer rails, such as on a Glock or maybe an MOE rail piece.

When you say "cone", what you probably mean is the hot spot? Which is related to throw. Beam-shape for urban home defense is largely a user preference thing, IMO; once you get into duty or rural use, throw becomes much more important, due to much longer ranges.

I'm a die-hard SureFire fan, mostly because I love the use of the DG switch. That being said, it's not for everyone, and requires some training to make sure you don't touch something off due to a sympathetic response, or have a light ND in an inopportune time.

I will note that most low-light pistol courses I have attended have focused heavily on the handheld side of things, rather than the WML, mainly because the WML is largely an issue of figuring out a consistent switchology, and then just shooting pretty normally. Tactics are something that most open-enrollment 2 day classes aren't going to be able to get in super-deep with, IME.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 20 June 2018 at 20:06.