Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For CC, consider a good EDC hand light (same brands), and take some training on fighting with the separate items. A light is a lot handier when you're not comitting a crime to use it in public. By the same token, you don't have to carry two lights to legally illuminate something that doesn't need shot. Don't need a light when you're out? Then you likely don't need a weapon light for other than home defense.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Rog.

I thought you also had one in your stable, so just putting out there. If you don't, even less of an issue for you.

That said, and given all the other stuff here said, AND given your resources (ie, a nice range setup out your back porch), you just need to use what you have/buy something "good" and use it. You'll quickly find out if it works for you and you can adjust from there. And if you buy a X300U-A and don't like it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands (and the appropriate market value, of course!). Smiles and stuff.
    You hit the nail on the head. I just need to 'get in the game'. That said I am being cautious with the cash. Lots of family issues that are being resolved at the moment. That said I want to buy above my rank so to speak. At this point it's basically 'which model number?'

As for Glocks, I don't doubt they are fantastic, but every time I handled one they just feel awkward to me. That said the whole ability to customize them is absolutely fantastic. I saw a Glock the other day that was $3000 bucks! That's insane!

I would definitely like to pimp out a CZ as well. STI is also something on my bucket list.

Speaking of customization, you need to get an Armory Craft trigger for that P226 of yours. THAT is one upgrade I've never ever regretted. It's like I have a whole new gun. The flat trigger is the way to go.

https://www.armorycraft.com/product-...stable-trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    For CC, consider a good EDC hand light (same brands), and take some training on fighting with the separate items. A light is a lot handier when you're not comitting a crime to use it in public. By the same token, you don't have to carry two lights to legally illuminate something that doesn't need shot. Don't need a light when you're out? Then you likely don't need a weapon light for other than home defense.
    You have made absolutely 110% excellent points. You summed up a lot of the pros and cons I've thought of about regarding EDC a weapons lights. At home it's different. When you're walking around with a firearm on in public it's something else. In the latter scenario you can't just draw your weapon to help change a tire or something like that.

Geez man! Why do you have to go off and be all logical and stuff! Now I have to buy two lights. LOL

I want one for a gun around the house for obvious reasons. Once I get everything pimped to my satisfaction I will get a good kydex holster made for it or that fits it.

I do go to the city quite frequently but honestly I live in a small town. On the flip side of that I have been out sending piggies to meet their maker more than once and more than once in the pitch black I was stumbling around wishing I had a light on me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More is always better. []

The advantage cops have is the expectation that they carry at least one gun. They have the advantage when it comes to storage because nothing beats OWB carry for a light-bearing weapon.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    More is always better. []
    Name:  IMG_6525.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  492.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Name:  IMG_6525.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  492.6 KB
    WTF! Apparently you know somebody at surefire. LOL

Hook a brother up!

I found a X300 U-B for $231 shipped to the house. Is that a good deal? Fair?

I saw some on ebay for cheaper (slightly) but they are not major sellers. For ten bucks I would have the peace of mind that they are all legit and will back up the product.

Do they ever go on sale for cheaper than that or is it a decent price?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I found a X300 U-B for $231 shipped to the house. Is that a good deal? Fair?
    Not great. Check out the coupon code seen here: https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/new...e-x300u-a-vs-b

Ike at Big Tex is a stand-up guy (and we've had to cover each other's backs as force-on-force opfor roleplayers more than once), and I've bought from him many times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Not great. Check out the coupon code seen here: https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/new...e-x300u-a-vs-b

Ike at Big Tex is a stand-up guy (and we've had to cover each other's backs as force-on-force opfor roleplayers more than once), and I've bought from him many times.
    Even with the code the price is similar. They are in Texas and I have to pay tax. I am actually familiar with that store. They are very local to me. 30 minutes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get all my SF lights from Slippers. Send him a PM on what he can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

I find places online that have kick ass prices on stuff but then I click through and have to add $$$ because of our state sales tax. If you look at the all in prices things wind up costing a little bit more if you buy online from in state. It kind of sucks because I would prefer to support local businesses in a lot of instances. There are sometimes exceptions to this.

His prices were very competitive, it came out to be about $10-15 cheaper (for me) and that's before shipping, so net difference, again $10 bucks. By the time I drive over, drive back, plus I get a no questions asked return policy (for free)...

It's always been a thing for TX gun buyers. People can buy stuff online and skip the sales tax, and 9 times out of 10 they will price out a lot of local sellers. It just depends. Sometimes once you factor in FFL fees (either paying or not paying them) sometimes it's a wash. It just depends.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 24 June 2018 at 01:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I get all my SF lights from Slippers. Send him a PM on what he can do.
    I will do that. I went ahead and placed the order before you responded (which I could probably cancel if he gets back to me ASAP).

I compared about 10 places and I just went with one that I have bought from before. Net to me they were only $10 more than anywhere else I could find. Everyone else was more expensive.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 24 June 2018 at 01:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I find places online that have kick ass prices on stuff but then I click through and have to add $$$ because of our state sales tax. If you look at the all in prices things wind up costing a little bit more if you buy online from in state. It kind of sucks because I would prefer to support local businesses in a lot of instances. There are sometimes exceptions to this.

His prices were very competitive, it came out to be about $10-15 cheaper (for me) and that's before shipping, so net difference, again $10 bucks. By the time I drive over, drive back, plus I get a no questions asked return policy (for free)...

It's always been a thing for TX gun buyers. People can buy stuff online and skip the sales tax, and 9 times out of 10 they will price out a lot of local sellers. It just depends. Sometimes once you factor in FFL fees (either paying or not paying them) sometimes it's a wash. It just depends.
    Yeah, sales tax means I don't send as much business to Rainier as I probably would if I was out of state. Well, that, and 30 minutes up here isn't considered "local" like it is in Texas.

Ah, I remember the days when I could order from Amazon and not have to pay sales tax! Moving to WA completely killed that, but they've grown their distribution network so large now that only a handful of states don't hit you.

With the SCOTUS ruling the other day, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before "sales tax arbitrage" via e-commerce goes away for most states.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, ArmUnlimted has X300U-As for $199, FYSA. AU has turned themselves around from a few years ago and they ship fast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Yeah, sales tax means I don't send as much business to Rainier as I probably would if I was out of state. Well, that, and 30 minutes up here isn't considered "local" like it is in Texas.

Ah, I remember the days when I could order from Amazon and not have to pay sales tax! Moving to WA completely killed that, but they've grown their distribution network so large now that only a handful of states don't hit you.

With the SCOTUS ruling the other day, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before "sales tax arbitrage" via e-commerce goes away for most states.
    Heck man, we drive an hour one way to go get decent food :)

It's kind of weird to me when I meet people from the NE especially. "45 minutes away?! Wow! We better plan..." LOL

In California 45 minutes drive is 10 miles at best in light traffic. Here its generally like 60 to 70 miles. Texans have this weird ability to give directions in minutes rather than miles. That and "right up the road" or "neighbors" have entirely different meanings.

As for the SCOTUS thing I read all about that the other day as I'm generally a finance kind of guy. I'm still unsure of the net results of the decision. For sure smaller shoestring online stores are going to get screwed.

It's probably going to result in higher prices across the board as well as a lot more business for accountants. Those "share a CFO" businesses that offer accounting services will gain more business and the total number of online mom and pop stores will probably go down.

I'm not sure yet how it will go yet. It could put everyone on equal footing or it could drive more people to only the bigger retailers. It's quite possible that it will kill a lot of competition from smaller companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Alamo, ArmUnlimted has X300U-As for $199, FYSA. AU has turned themselves around from a few years ago and they ship fast.
    Thanks man. I've seen the A series a lot for around that price. I think I'm going to get a B series as recommended because of the fit to the rail on my gun. I found some videos that said the same thing as was said earlier here about the fitment on some rails.

Mine is going to be dedicated to my P226.

I got to play with a streamlight the other day and it was pretty cool but I think I might like the surefire better.

To me the only thing separating the two are how manipulation happens. Surefire has the push in for momentary feature and it seems like it's a lot more truly ambi as the manipulations are the same on both sides of the light.

Streamlight is push up or down. Up on the right side is momentary, down is on. The left side is just the opposite.

That's a good thing to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only fitment issue I've had with the U-A was because I was intentionally using the wrong rail mount. Obviously buy what you need/want, but to me the price isn't worth it when paired with the fact that the U-B won't fit in my Safariland holster. Obviously that's a use case specific to me and not a problem you're needing to solve.