Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scalarworks LEAP/Scope Mount

https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-m...p-scope-mount/

Ultra high-performance scope mount.

Designed for shooters who want the lightest, most rigid, easiest to use, and least obtrusive quick-detach scope mount possible.

STATE OF THE SMART

The LEAP/Scope incorporates two of the most efficient structures known to man. A tubular boom and an I-beam bridge, each with over-sized cross-sections, maximize rigidity and impact resistance while minimizing weight.

Scalarworks Leap scope mount 7075-T6 vs 6061-T6

Every Leap Mount is CNC milled from 7075-T6 billet, which has vastly superior mechanical properties to 6061-T6, and is used where ultimate strength and durability outweigh cost considerations.

QUANTUM
    Quick-Detach Mechanism
    The Scalarworks® Quantum™ Quick-Detach mechanism is completely recoil proof, while requiring only enough torque to firmly clamp onto a Picatinny rail. By decoupling torque from vibration resistance, the Quantum™ QD mechanism is intuitive, fast, and self adjusting, all without needing an imprecise knob or obtrusive lever to keep it from shaking loose. The Quantum™ QD's recessed head is carefully designed to deflect external impacts, while letting you take the mount off in under 3 seconds, with or without gloves.

Technical

MATERIALS: 7075-T6 Aluminum / 4140H Steel
    FINISHES: Mil-A-8625 Type III Anodizing / Black Oxide
    WEIGHT: 5.46oz (SW0700) / 5.54oz (SW0710)
    RING DIAMAETER: 30mm (SW700) / 34mm (SW710)
    HEIGHT OVER RAIL: 40mm (1.57")
    CANT: 0Mil (0MOA)
    OVERHANG: 50.8mm (2.0")
    ORIGIN: USA
    WARRANTY: Lifetime

Name:  scalarworks_leap_scope_structure_rear.jpg
Views: 1715
Size:  116.2 KBName:  mem.jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  115.3 KBName:  scalarworks_30mm_scope_mount_diagram.png
Views: 2114
Size:  34.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw this on Instagram looks amazing, leveler built in. I was ready until the $399 price, still considering just making sure I want that. Definitely one of if not the best mounts out there I've seen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some very unique design items on this. I've not seen hinged rings, or the built in leveler before. Makes me want to build a rifle just for the mount
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never been a fan of hinged rings. I’ll wait to see one torqued and removed from an optic to pass judgement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    love the design and look but ive never seen a hinged one. cant wait for a review.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Scalarworks a sponsor? Do they have a code?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The folks at Scalarworks are geniuses, every time I look at their product, I can't help but be awe inspired.

Compare to companies that have no business making mounts, Scalarworks products are very well balanced and engineered. One day I'd like to carry their products on FCD site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the price on their scope mount is insulting and self-important. I’d buy in at $299. I have several of their other products—and like them—but this one makes me look forward to Arisaka’s forthcoming mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
    Is Scalarworks a sponsor? Do they have a code?
    They did not renew unfortunately, and I don't think they ever had a code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I think the price on their scope mount is insulting and self-important. I’d buy in at $299. I have several of their other products—and like them—but this one makes me look forward to Arisaka’s forthcoming mount.
    I like their stuff...$399 is steep for sure... but on par with Spuhr AB mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I like their stuff...$399 is steep for sure... but on par with Spuhr AB mounts.
    A Spuhr comparison/review/test would be helpful. A leading time-tested mount vs a manufacturer with a first run of a lightweight mount is quite a gap to fill to justify the price. I trust my spuhr like a nightforce. Can SW really contend with that? We’ll see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read right past the $399. Yeah, I’ll take a Bobro and $150 every day.

And no way 2 thumbscrews and hinges are even close to the durability of a Spuhr mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. FWIW, American Rifle Company has been making high quality hinged rings and mounts for quite a while now. I have a couple sets of them, and they work well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
    Interesting. FWIW, American Rifle Company has been making high quality hinged rings and mounts for quite a while now. I have a couple sets of them, and they work well.
    Those are a double hinge design and that will alleviate the pinch point issue somewhat. I am still not a fan of any hinge pin design on a ring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've personally seen ARC rings leave nasty marks on scope tubes when torqued to the recommended value. Like sinner, I'm not a fan of hinge pin ring designs for scopes.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com