Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d try one for Bobro pricing. They are gorgous and I like the narrow base vs the Bobro.

Having two SW MRO mounts I don’t consider them true QD. You thumb the wheel what seems like enough turns and it’s still catching the rail. It usually takes 2-3 thumbings to pop it off. Two wheels would be even slower. As a civvie that is a small carp, not a deal breaker. But it would be if I was LEO/Mil.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I've personally seen ARC rings leave nasty marks on scope tubes when torqued to the recommended value. Like sinner, I'm not a fan of hinge pin ring designs for scopes.
    Interesting. I have to wonder if they were truly torqued to spec or if someone said they were at spec but weren't. I had to pop my scope out of my ARC rings to send it off for repair and I was please to see there weren't any marks on the body.
    Last edited by gatordev; 26 June 2018 at 11:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remain a fan of "unimount" type torque on mounts like Badger and Nightforce and so forth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Way Overpriced.. Crazy Prices..
    How is it better than my Bobro or American Defense mounts..?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have any real world experience with this yet? I love their Aimpoint mounts but can't find any real reviews. Sorry to bring this thread to life. I suppose it dying is a sign of what I'll find out

Downloads
    Uploads
    M4C has some chatter on them with Scalar and Vortex in dialog too.

Seems well engineered. Love the streamline approach. Price point keeps me out on principle alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    M4C has some chatter on them with Scalar and Vortex in dialog too.

Seems well engineered. Love the streamline approach. Price point keeps me out on principle alone.
    Same here. I'd love to try one out, but $399 is steep for "let's check this out"

I'm sure like everything else Scalarworks makes, this is overengineered, bomb proof, and stellar design. Just a bit too steep for a mount for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Some very unique design items on this. I've not seen hinged rings, or the built in leveler before. Makes me want to build a rifle just for the mount
    Ha..ha.. me too. I'd love to try one, just not at that cost. Love that built in leveler (set screws), would help make life more bearable at times.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well one popped up on another forum nib at a low price point so I'm taking it as a sign. Hope I'm making a good decision because ya, that's alotta coin to drop despite the low price point. Thank you for the replies

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way left to innovate in market that's flooded with all levels of design from flashy tactical to sublime, is to add a retarded price tag to boost bragging rights.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Well one popped up on another forum nib at a low price point so I'm taking it as a sign. Hope I'm making a good decision because ya, that's alotta coin to drop despite the low price point. Thank you for the replies
    Report back when you get some use out of it. I just ordered another poverty Bobro Mount myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It remains my opinion that 65 in-lb torqued 1/2" nuts on crossbolts is the best way to retain a mount to a rifle.

The reason "QD" became a thing was because optics were fragile. We didn't trust them. We wanted to feel like we could revert back to what we trusted (irons) rapidly, should the glass fail in some way. Now, we are to the point where QD mounts are more likely to break or shift than the optic is to break or shift.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Report back when you get some use out of it. I just ordered another poverty Bobro Mount myself.
    I'll give impressions but wont be able to give a stellar review with hard use. Living in the good old NY we dont get to do much training. Having a fixed 10 round magazine limits "tactical" applications.
    But that's where my extra money to afford this comes from. I dont have to worry about tax stamps, SBRs, more than one lower, magazines (I only need one 10 round pmag... fixed), freedom, tons of ammo etc. Frees up funds for shit like this.