View Poll Results: How would you rate your Firearms Training Level?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • NOOB - Never fired a round...but would like to.

0 0%
  • Beginner - Have fired rounds, but have no formal training.

5 10.64%
  • Proficient - Have attended some formal training and feel comfortable shooting firearms.

19 40.43%
  • Advanced - Have attended many formal firearms training and is comfortable in maintaining firearms.

15 31.91%
  • Expert - Has attended/taught formal firearms training and is a certified instructor/armorer.

6 12.77%
  • Other - Explain Below

2 4.26%
    Downloads
    Uploads

Firearms Training Level

How would you rate your Firearms Training Level?
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I consider myself at an expert at nothing, but teach multiple firearm courses, and have developed numerous lesson plans and training events.

ETA- I forgot to add armorer as well on multiple platforms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I clicked on "advanced" based solely on number of classes taken, NOT on ability. :D

I do some very basic drills nights with our local club and am looking to add some NRA instructor certifications as well, but predominately as a service to the club and not as a business venture.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Three years Army. Armorer was part of my MOS. Shot weekly. Mostly M-16.
    Some SAW, M-60,203,M-2, and Grenade work. I hunt yearly for big game. I guess I would rate myself very experienced with a good knowledge of weapon care and maintenance. Good at stalking. This year I got to test my 300 win mag at over 325 yards on deer. It went right down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have formal training under my belt, and am very confident with a variety of firearms. I am looking into becoming NRA Certified so I can teach some Concealed Carry classes. I also have much larger goals which involve investors, and high insurance.

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still can't figure which end the bullets come out of... and this mag wont fit in my pistol!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have formal training in instruction, and lesson plan buidling. I have management experieince in running an office of instructors. I also have formal training as an armorer on various weapons up to light machine guns. I have previous experience managing an armory.

ON a good day I can still inspect a FIM-92A (Stinger Missile)

I am not any form of expert by any stretch of my imagination. How about professional student of firearms and munitions.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum
    Colt M16 Armorer, Colt 1911 Armorer, Glock Armorer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no formal firearms instructor training. I have none the less taught many students in the military the fundamentals of marksmanship, and our SAMI/RSO would often defer to me for periods of instruction. I have planned, coordinated, executed, participated in, played OPFOR in, and managed multiple FoF training evolutions with the primary focus on CQB/MOUT and in my spare time I am an avid shooter of mainly pistol, cabine, and shotgun with a new interest in precision longer range shooting. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and some day I hope to find my soul mate.

Downloads
    Uploads

what am I

I am in the same mindset as Stick, learn, teach, learn and learn some more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted Proficient as I'm still learning and attend as many IDPA match's I can. I want to try some carbine courses. Stick do you just teach to Mil/LEO or civilians also? Would love to take one of your courses and maybe a course in photography

Downloads
    Uploads
    NRA Certified Instructor in several disciplines, but would certainly not consider myself an expert. Held an FFL for 27 years, reasonably proficient at care and maintenance of firearms. I can take them apart and get them back together with minimal parts left over, but am not a gunsmith. I shoot fairly well for an old guy, my personal best was two prairie dogs with consecutive shots at a laser measured 630 yards in Forsyth, Montana. Really enjoy the shooting sports, and still eager to learn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    NRA Certified Instructor in several disciplines, but would certainly not consider myself an expert. Held an FFL for 27 years, reasonably proficient at care and maintenance of firearms. I can take them apart and get them back together with minimal parts left over, but am not a gunsmith. I shoot fairly well for an old guy, my personal best was two prairie dogs with consecutive shots at a laser measured 630 yards in Forsyth, Montana. Really enjoy the shooting sports, and still eager to learn.
    Jerry R - Welcome to Weapon Evolution! From your short bio I would say that you have a lot that you can contribute to our little corner of the world. We are glad to have you.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - much appreciated. You will find that I listen a lot, speak a little. I hope I can contribute.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I choose Proficient because all the training I have has was when I was in the Coast Guard. But have been looking into taking some other courses. I am always looking to learn.

On another note - I think I have even talked the wife into a couple defensive courses (handgun and carbine)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Proficient.

I have attended several firearms courses, and I've assisted teaching firearms courses at my funclub, but I don't shoot nearly enough of a variety of weapons to claim expert on any of 'em. Heck, I don't shoot my own often enough to claim expert with any of 'em!