Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have HEARD, not seen, that the FA nib that pushes the BCG can break off and fall into the lower/FCG causing issues. Not big enough risk for me to eliminate them from my rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that for me the FA is just part of the package. Also like auto insurance or life insurance you hope you never need it, but if you do having it will be real comforting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked my club members and not one of the 50 members knew of any real issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figure the military probably has that right. I'll just copy off of them.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have HEARD, not seen, that the FA nib that pushes the BCG can break off and fall into the lower/FCG causing issues. Not big enough risk for me to eliminate them from my rifle.
    I too, have heard of this, always anecdotal and hearsay. Of all of those who speak of this mystery, none of those persons have ever actually witnessed it. I suppose it could happen, and it very well might have happened to someone or two. Never heard of it in the military either. I think if it posed a serious problem you wouldn't see one (F/A) in any branch of the service, law enforcement or any of the ABC agencies. I think your statement that it's "not a big enough risk for me to eliminate them from my rifle" is spot on. I do have one light weight project that I completed recently that is sans the F/A because 2A's ultra light upper was slick sided.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since this is going to be my new do almost everything rifle, I chose to go with a URF and LDFA from Forward Controls. Roger was fantastic as usual and even replied to an email I sent at 2215 EST asking about a MIl/LE discount code.

I always chuckle when I get a package from him and see the return address....
    Name:  IMG_0878.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  547.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have seen *one* instance of a broken forward assisst nub. It was discovered in the lower reciever, lodged under the full auto timing/control mechanism (don't know what that part is called). The weapon in question had been recently turned in for an upgrade from an A1 to and A2 and the piece was found when it was returned from upgrades and undergoing an inspection from the end user. We made the assumption that the FA was broken as a result of mishandling during the upgrade, as it would have caused a malfuction and been noticed when the gun was used on burst mode, prior to the upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I went ahead and did the build on an Aero upper with no FA. I'm gonna get one of Roger's SBCGs as soon as they're released, but for right now it's using a Brownell's M-16 Nitride BCG. I'm really liking the way this one feels, and it'll probably become my go-to rifle for most everything. Comes in at 6 lb, 3.5 oz without the M600 Scout light or Trijicon MRO. Yes, the colors may be a little goofy since I used what I had laying around, but I'll be able to pick it out at a glance at the next class I attend....

Aero Precision upper without FA
    Sabre Defense lower w/ Sabre original lower parts
    LaRue MBT trigger with heavier 6 lb. hammer spring
    Vltor A5 RET & A2 buffer
    CMT UHPR 13.7" HDX handguard
    Faxon 14.5" 5.56 1/8 GUNNER barrel
    BCM low profile gas block & Gunfighter Mod 1 comp, pinned & welded
    Magpul SL-K carbine stock, MOE-K2 grip & trigger guard
    Troy fixed front sight
    Radian Talon 45/90 ambi safety, Raptor-LT charging handle & Radian Takedown Pins
    Forward Controls Design ABCR-v2 & EMR w/ heavy spring

Name:  IMG_0962.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  541.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0963.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  556.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler