Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Used 3 additional mags, same problems. Won't extract. Will try another non-Radical BCG next time. So far this upper has been a bust. You get what you pay for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you get the fired round out of the chamber does it have extractor marks?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When you get the fired round out of the chamber does it have extractor marks?
    I was curious as well

Uw - before you swap bcgs , maybe swap the extractor spring and/ or insert or o-ring

I’ve swapped in a few bcm extractor springs/ Black inserts in some finicky rifles and it seemed to fix it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I was curious as well

Uw - before you swap bcgs , maybe swap the extractor spring and/ or insert or o-ring

I’ve swapped in a few bcm extractor springs/ Black inserts in some finicky rifles and it seemed to fix it
    Exactly!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So after I had initial issues with this project, I took it out twice more since the last update. I know it's been awhile, but I've been zero'ing a lot of other guns, so it's taken a back seat.

I've shot another 320 rounds through the upper and the last 260 rounds have been trouble free. I'm going to attribute this to a break in period for this upper. I haven't done anything to trouble shoot it as far as swapping BCG's, extractor springs, ect. I took it apart after my initial troubles and thoroughly cleaned and lubed everything. I then reassembled and still had some sporadic issues.

I again cleaned and lubed everything and the last 8 mags or so have been trouble free. I'll take it out a few more times to see if the upper continues to function correctly. The only variable I changed was I used 2 fresh out of the wrapper Magpul MOE PMags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Screen shot of a Flash sale taken just a moment ago ... Does not include a BCG ...

UW, what say you?

Name:  2019-06-02_9-18-16 Radical Sale.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  215.7 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    For $159, I say go for it Jerry, as you're knowledgeable enough with the platform to trouble shoot. If you were a new shooter, I'd say no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that price! I need an extra upper like I need an extra head, but damn!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd just get the barrel for $90 https://www.primaryarms.com/radical-...avy-profile-18 That way you're not stuck with someone else's choices for handguard and MD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'd just get the barrel for $90 https://www.primaryarms.com/radical-...avy-profile-18 That way you're not stuck with someone else's choices for handguard and MD
    On a side note, anyone local to Rainier, I just noticed in the storefront they have used take off Rainier Mountain barrels for $50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    On a side note, anyone local to Rainier, I just noticed in the storefront they have used take off Rainier Mountain barrels for $50.
    On the discount table? Nuts, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Think they'd accept a call-in order for one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the discount table? Nuts, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Think they'd accept a call-in order for one?
    No idea, but probably worth a 5 min call to find out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was at RA today to take care of a Form 4 and they still had a few of these so I picked one up. They all had definitely seen some use but for $50 I went ahead an grabbed one. They weren't marked but I figured they were maybe 14.5" barrels, but it turns out they are actually closer to 13.5" barrels. I don't believe they ever sold them that way, so I'm guessing they were local PD contract guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was at RA today to take care of a Form 4 and they still had a few of these so I picked one up. They all had definitely seen some use but for $50 I went ahead an grabbed one. They weren't marked but I figured they were maybe 14.5" barrels, but it turns out they are actually closer to 13.5" barrels. I don't believe they ever sold them that way, so I'm guessing they were local PD contract guns.
    Correct, these were Renton PD guns they took apart. The barrels were cut down to 13.5" to make them work with a certain handguard and an OSS suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Correct, these were Renton PD guns they took apart. The barrels were cut down to 13.5" to make them work with a certain handguard and an OSS suppressor.
    It ended up being a perfect cut for an Aero Precision ATLAS 12" handguard (which is around 12.6"). Too bad it isn't middy gas, though.