I haven't done a lot of reviews in the last 3-4 years, simply because of time. However, I've decided to do a long term one with the Radical Firearms Upper. This will be ongoing, so I'll periodically post updates

Background: About 8-9 months ago a friend of mine commented on Facebook how bad Radical Firearms were, at least the ones that he had worked on. In the thread, someone from Radical chimed up and there was some discussion about the brand quality. I also commented that 2 of my friends who were new to AR's had purchased Radical uppers, and both had broken bolts after shooting less than 500 rounds. The rep from Radical was frankly a dick to me in his responses.

Anyhow, instead of running my gums about it, I decided to just get my own to see how a long and well a $399 upper shoots.

For the sake of full disclosure, I purchased this upper from Primary Arms. http://www.primaryarms.com/CFU10-5-5-56M4-9FCR

I don't know anyone personally at Primary Arms, or Radical Firearms. I did not receive a discount on this upper. I paid $299.99 plus $12 or so for shipping, which is the going rate for upper (at least it is as of 7/8/18, not sure if it's everyday or because of July 4th sales)

Specs:

10.5" 41V50 chrome moly vanadium steel M4 contour barrel with Melonite finish
Chambered in 5.56 NATO with a 1:7 twist rate
M16 cut bolt carrier group with Melonite finish
BCG high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected
Standard charging handle
1/2x28 A2 flash hider
10" Radical Firearms M-LOK FCR rail
Made in the U.S.A. in Stafford, Texas!

Fedex tracking says my upper should arrive 7/11. When I get it, I'll take some preliminary pictures, and then probably put it on a registered Rainier Arms Forged SBR Lower.

Testing:

Will function check
Some accuracy testing, depending on ammo availability
Minimum 4-5k rounds.

Other tests as needed or suggested. May also shoot it suppressed, but mainly going to shoot it as is with a red-dot.

Stay tuned.