Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Radical Arms 10.5" MLOK Upper

I haven't done a lot of reviews in the last 3-4 years, simply because of time. However, I've decided to do a long term one with the Radical Firearms Upper. This will be ongoing, so I'll periodically post updates

Background: About 8-9 months ago a friend of mine commented on Facebook how bad Radical Firearms were, at least the ones that he had worked on. In the thread, someone from Radical chimed up and there was some discussion about the brand quality. I also commented that 2 of my friends who were new to AR's had purchased Radical uppers, and both had broken bolts after shooting less than 500 rounds. The rep from Radical was frankly a dick to me in his responses.

Anyhow, instead of running my gums about it, I decided to just get my own to see how a long and well a $399 upper shoots.

For the sake of full disclosure, I purchased this upper from Primary Arms. http://www.primaryarms.com/CFU10-5-5-56M4-9FCR

I don't know anyone personally at Primary Arms, or Radical Firearms. I did not receive a discount on this upper. I paid $299.99 plus $12 or so for shipping, which is the going rate for upper (at least it is as of 7/8/18, not sure if it's everyday or because of July 4th sales)

Specs:

10.5" 41V50 chrome moly vanadium steel M4 contour barrel with Melonite finish
    Chambered in 5.56 NATO with a 1:7 twist rate
    M16 cut bolt carrier group with Melonite finish
    BCG high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected
    Standard charging handle
    1/2x28 A2 flash hider
    10" Radical Firearms M-LOK FCR rail
    Made in the U.S.A. in Stafford, Texas!

Fedex tracking says my upper should arrive 7/11. When I get it, I'll take some preliminary pictures, and then probably put it on a registered Rainier Arms Forged SBR Lower.

Testing:

Will function check
    Some accuracy testing, depending on ammo availability
    Minimum 4-5k rounds.

Other tests as needed or suggested. May also shoot it suppressed, but mainly going to shoot it as is with a red-dot.

Stay tuned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like fun. There should be good info for both sides of the "Mine's as good as yours" arguments.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Background: About 8-9 months ago a friend of mine commented on Facebook how bad Radical Firearms were, at least the ones that he had worked on. In the thread, someone from Radical chimed up and there was some discussion about the brand quality. I also commented that 2 of my friends who were new to AR's had purchased Radical uppers, and both had broken bolts after shooting less than 500 rounds. The rep from Radical was frankly a dick to me in his responses.
    That's consistent with what I have read elsewhere.

-----

Primary & Secondary was founded with the purpose of providing current and accurate information to people that need it. Based on our mission this write up is necessary to provide the following information in regards to a company that requested a review be conducted by our staff and the interaction afterwards.

On January 05, 2016, I received an Email from the Marketing Department of Radical Firearms to see if Primary & Secondary would be willing to conduct a review of one of their rifles. The representative of Radical included in the email: “We ask only for candid and unbiased feedback from you.”

A few months later a member of the Primary & Secondary Staff set up a test which included a rifle received from them directly. He was doing this review entirely for Primary & Secondary and not his primary employer.

Our Staff member noticed some issues and contacted Radical to report them. He provided some insight to the issues within one of the P&S discussion groups on Facebook. The issues were in regards to manufacturing and quality assurance / quality control.

Radical contacted the P&S Staff member and explained they didn’t feel the weapon being reviewed was up to their quality. Radical requested that the rifle be returned to the factory and our reviewer would receive a replacement rifle. They explained the difference between the rifle he received and the one he should have for review is that the new rifle would be assembled with slightly higher quality parts and is subsequently inspected by a certified gunsmith from butt stock to flash hider and everything in between for any assembly mishaps, etc.

I was notified today the Sales Manager for Radical Firearms visited our Staff member’s primary place of employment to complain about the review which P&S was conducting.

After he was called into the office of his boss, our staff member will no longer conduct the review. He decided he would stop. He will no longer have anything to do with Radical Firearms.

“Candid and unbiased” reviews extend not only to the product but the entire experience. I have presented everything that has been presented to me.

MBL

https://primaryandsecondary.com/candid-and-unbiased/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a heads up...

The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    <steps on soapbox>

When the internet demonstrates or complains about gas ring wear, can the internet at least do the gas ring test correctly? For the children!

</soapbox>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    <steps on soapbox>

When the internet demonstrates or complains about gas ring wear, can the internet at least do the gas ring test correctly? For the children!

</soapbox>
    For all that's Holy, man, please do it. It's for the children!!
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    In for results..

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is why I love WEVO.

These companies can put up or shut up.

And if they are dicks about things, that makes it even worse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only change so far, I swapped the GI charging handle for an Avalanche Mod 2. The original Avalanche was crap, so I'm going to see if the newer version is any better at the same time.

Name:  5S3A7107.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  52.2 KB
    Name:  5S3A7108.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  49.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was just the BCG. Put another one in and keep shooting. If it doesn't explode, how the hell else can it fail? Raplaceable parts are just that. Clean the sand from the vag and drive on!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A7137.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  72.2 KB

This is the current configuration.

Took it to the range today for 150 rounds. Lots of issues so far. Couldn't make it through an entire magazine without a malfunction. Round would fail to extract, so when the next round loaded, it caused a secondary malfunction. Tried 3 different magazines to narrow down the issue, but kept doing this with all the magazines I had at the time.

Managed to get it zero'ed and that's pretty much it for the day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_6962.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  81.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s a nice one there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this the same Radical? If so....wow....

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/08/17...ces-in-brazil/
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Is this the same Radical? If so....wow....

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/08/17...ces-in-brazil/
    Lowest bidder?