Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Used 3 additional mags, same problems. Won't extract. Will try another non-Radical BCG next time. So far this upper has been a bust. You get what you pay for.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,302
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    When you get the fired round out of the chamber does it have extractor marks?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3,885
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When you get the fired round out of the chamber does it have extractor marks?
    I was curious as well


    Uw - before you swap bcgs , maybe swap the extractor spring and/ or insert or o-ring

    I’ve swapped in a few bcm extractor springs/ Black inserts in some finicky rifles and it seemed to fix it

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,302
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I was curious as well


    Uw - before you swap bcgs , maybe swap the extractor spring and/ or insert or o-ring

    I’ve swapped in a few bcm extractor springs/ Black inserts in some finicky rifles and it seemed to fix it
    Exactly!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    So after I had initial issues with this project, I took it out twice more since the last update. I know it's been awhile, but I've been zero'ing a lot of other guns, so it's taken a back seat.

    I've shot another 320 rounds through the upper and the last 260 rounds have been trouble free. I'm going to attribute this to a break in period for this upper. I haven't done anything to trouble shoot it as far as swapping BCG's, extractor springs, ect. I took it apart after my initial troubles and thoroughly cleaned and lubed everything. I then reassembled and still had some sporadic issues.

    I again cleaned and lubed everything and the last 8 mags or so have been trouble free. I'll take it out a few more times to see if the upper continues to function correctly. The only variable I changed was I used 2 fresh out of the wrapper Magpul MOE PMags.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Florida - Gulf Side
    Posts
    1,854
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    2
    Screen shot of a Flash sale taken just a moment ago ... Does not include a BCG ...

    UW, what say you?

    Name:  2019-06-02_9-18-16 Radical Sale.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  215.7 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    For $159, I say go for it Jerry, as you're knowledgeable enough with the platform to trouble shoot. If you were a new shooter, I'd say no.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    945
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Wow that price! I need an extra upper like I need an extra head, but damn!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,420
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'd just get the barrel for $90 https://www.primaryarms.com/radical-...avy-profile-18 That way you're not stuck with someone else's choices for handguard and MD

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'd just get the barrel for $90 https://www.primaryarms.com/radical-...avy-profile-18 That way you're not stuck with someone else's choices for handguard and MD
    On a side note, anyone local to Rainier, I just noticed in the storefront they have used take off Rainier Mountain barrels for $50.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,420
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    On a side note, anyone local to Rainier, I just noticed in the storefront they have used take off Rainier Mountain barrels for $50.
    On the discount table? Nuts, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Think they'd accept a call-in order for one?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    On the discount table? Nuts, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Think they'd accept a call-in order for one?
    No idea, but probably worth a 5 min call to find out!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,420
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    On a side note, anyone local to Rainier, I just noticed in the storefront they have used take off Rainier Mountain barrels for $50.
    Was at RA today to take care of a Form 4 and they still had a few of these so I picked one up. They all had definitely seen some use but for $50 I went ahead an grabbed one. They weren't marked but I figured they were maybe 14.5" barrels, but it turns out they are actually closer to 13.5" barrels. I don't believe they ever sold them that way, so I'm guessing they were local PD contract guns.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,723
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Was at RA today to take care of a Form 4 and they still had a few of these so I picked one up. They all had definitely seen some use but for $50 I went ahead an grabbed one. They weren't marked but I figured they were maybe 14.5" barrels, but it turns out they are actually closer to 13.5" barrels. I don't believe they ever sold them that way, so I'm guessing they were local PD contract guns.
    Correct, these were Renton PD guns they took apart. The barrels were cut down to 13.5" to make them work with a certain handguard and an OSS suppressor.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,420
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Correct, these were Renton PD guns they took apart. The barrels were cut down to 13.5" to make them work with a certain handguard and an OSS suppressor.
    It ended up being a perfect cut for an Aero Precision ATLAS 12" handguard (which is around 12.6"). Too bad it isn't middy gas, though.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •