Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another Road Trip....

Well the SOs and mine 10yr is up in Sept. We are looking go somewhere without the kiddo. Right now we're thinking about going to Colorado and renting a jeep to hit a few trails. If anyone has experience there where in CO would be best to see the most you can see if I had a jeep for a day.

Any other recommendations of things to go to or see would be appreciated as well.

Yes I love road trips lol.

Oh we would be leaving Sept 13 and get back morning of 17th.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about Colorado but next door in Southern Utah can't be beaten for off road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of curiosity, what kind of vehicle are you doing your road trips in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of vehicle are you doing your road trips in?
    2014 Silverado 1500 4x4

I would take it off road but I think it would be to big for most trails

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have nature in CO still? I thought it was taken over by the damn, dirty hippies!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak to off roading, but from the air Telluride has me itching to go. South west of there is Cortez. It's not at all what I'd call a destination, but if you find yourself there definitely check out the Farm House Bistro. Everything is locally grown or sourced and the vast majority of it is organic. Seriously the table decorations are herbs you can pick and put on your food. I tried a yak burger there, which are apparently raised close to there. It was amazing and even leaner than bison. There's also a brewery rite around the corner from there, the locals told me new brews every week. Tried a flight of them and seriously every single one was excellent.

Congrats on making a decade! Me and my wife are hitting ours in August. After reading the other vacation thread we booked a cruise. Amazing what all WEVO is good for.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aragon,

That's hilarious! Enjoy that cruise though!

I love road trips, we're probably going to wait until our son is a bit older before we start doing them again. We've toyed around getting a Sprinter Van for a few years to road trip in. Probably won't happen for another 3-5 years though. Would love to drive it all over the US/Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to find the region with the best trails and then find a good jeep rental there. Man there's a lot.

If we could fly in and rent a jeep to use the whole trip would be ideal. That way we wouldn't need to return it at end of day. And it would really save miles on my truck. And keep me from trying out trails in it. Cause I would no doubt.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love road trips, we're probably going to wait until our son is a bit older before we start doing them again. We've toyed around getting a Sprinter Van for a few years to road trip in. Probably won't happen for another 3-5 years though. Would love to drive it all over the US/Canada.
    You mean mini van...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aragon,

Oh you bet! Figured go big or go home so got a 7 night and splashed down for a balcony room.

Big Tom what'd you come up with?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Oh you bet! Figured go big or go home so got a 7 night and splashed down for a balcony room.

Big Tom what'd you come up with?
    So we found a place that we can rent a jeep in Glennwood Springs and they will leave it at the airport for us. So we will go from Denver to Glennwood stay there a night then head south toward Ouray and Telluride hit the trails along the way. And either make a small loop back toward Denver or a big loop and hit up Pikes peak.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aragon,

Look no further!!!

https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...524792918.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    So with me plans change all the time. So we decided to drive up to Ouray, CO. Get a nice really secluded cabin and will rent a jeep for a few trails and test where my truck can't go. Lol

We also plan on riding one of the steam trains and horseback ride.

Stuff was booking up really fast just in the last few days. A couple cabins we were looking at booked with in a hour after finding.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silverton,Co is gorgeous

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads

Instagram- @tomcheaney9