Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, need some opinions

So, the honeymoon phase has finally passed and my suppressor introduced me to recoil spring noise that I was previously ear-blind to because of said infatuation with the silent bang only a 300 Blk can make. This noise has components of me ole '72 Penton's girling shocks combined with an asthmatic goose wheezing on a hot, muggy summer day. Sort of a "SKEEE-WONK!!" It's bad. It's bad and it's gotta GO!

So gentlemen, I ask what do you do about the pronounced recoil spring noise? I am hoping to save the JP captured solution for last as it's also likely to be the heaviest, and this is my woods bummin'/creek stompin' gun. Not entirely sure, but I'm pretty confident that a Super 42 will not do a damn bit of good, putting me squarely into the JP solution. I tried white lithium grease per the spec, but it works for a few shots until it cakes into the center of the coils. What do you swear by?

Enjoy at my expense, but please discuss.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t think anything will stop it other than the JP. It’s truly awful only with .300BLK subs. But I get used to it.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to think that starving children in Africa was bad. Or puppy mills where poor puppies don't even have enough room to turn around in their cage. But then I fired my suppressed .300BLK with subs and now I know the true calling that needs to be addressed.

<smiles and stuff>

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little grease on the buffer spring and a few thousand cycles will take care of it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same noise. To satisfy my curiosity I tried a chrome silicon spring from Damage Industries. No grease... no noise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone tried the Geissele spring shooting suppressed?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of the JP SCS. Smooth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run a JP SCS on all my Ar's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Has anyone tried the Geissele spring shooting suppressed?
    I may be wrong but I seem to remember Geissele specifically stating that the Super 42 was not intended for use with suppressed 300 blk. This was put out when the product was originally released and I don't know if things have changed since then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I used to think that starving children in Africa was bad. Or puppy mills where poor puppies don't even have enough room to turn around in their cage. But then I fired my suppressed .300BLK with subs and now I know the true calling that needs to be addressed.

<smiles and stuff>
    Bahahaha! <truth>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    I may be wrong but I seem to remember Geissele specifically stating that the Super 42 was not intended for use with suppressed 300 blk. This was put out when the product was originally released and I don't know if things have changed since then.
    Just saw a video recently and Bill himself was saying that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    A little grease on the buffer spring and a few thousand cycles will take care of it.
    White lithium grease and approx. 2,700 rounds through it. Like I said, I didn't recognize it so much while the full-on freedom boner was diverting blood from my ears.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Same noise. To satisfy my curiosity I tried a chrome silicon spring from Damage Industries. No grease... no noise.
    I have something similar (JP polished, precision ground, same metal) in my RECCE and it sounds like a dry spring in a metal tube. Not quite sure it'll be as quiet as I want.