NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Great choice.
    Ha..ha..

Forgot to credit Jerry. He offered a great deal of help in choosing the 6.8spc. After a lengthy conversation with him, via PM, and some more judicious reading after that, I realized that it was just what I needed, and fit perfectly with what I want to achieve, actually it outshines what I had in mind, I just didn't know it yet. Thank you to everyone else who helped with your suggestions and experience. It's exactly what makes this place great, without all of the ego B.S.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 17 July 2018 at 13:04.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    No credit necessary FT - just trying to help. I serve to live.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Well, that surprises me. Which barrel? I recommend ARP: https://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38010/27237
    BU, called them and had them take a 16"SOCOM (closest thing to HBAR they had), then spec'd out some upgrades, BCM KMR 15" hand guard, NIB Carrier, Comp, and a couple more things. Still came in under 1K with shipping. Said I should have it in a week or so, just had to order the hand guard. Eric, the person I spoke with had some good ideas, and they guarantee 1MOA with premium ammo, which is probably better than I can shoot anymore. I was as pleased as I could be with the BC complete lower. One of the nicest out-of-the-box lower assemblies I've seen, plus got it for a "couldn't turn it down" price, no matter what I told myself. The cool thing is that this is going to be a no stress build. Slap the upper and lower together. Pop on an aimpoint, go to the range and shoot. If it runs great, that's even less stress and a long wait for the beer light to come on.

FT

P.S. This will be my last build.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    BU, called them and had them take a 16"SOCOM (closest thing to HBAR they had), then spec'd out some upgrades, BCM KMR 15" hand guard, NIB Carrier, Comp, and a couple more things. Still came in under 1K with shipping. Said I should have it in a week or so, just had to order the hand guard. Eric, the person I spoke with had some good ideas, and they guarantee 1MOA with premium ammo, which is probably better than I can shoot anymore. I was as pleased as I could be with the BC complete lower. One of the nicest out-of-the-box lower assemblies I've seen, plus got it for a "couldn't turn it down" price, no matter what I told myself. The cool thing is that this is going to be a no stress build. Slap the upper and lower together. Pop on an aimpoint, go to the range and shoot. If it runs great, that's even less stress and a long wait for the beer light to come on.

FT

P.S. This will be my last build.
    I think you'll like that. I've got the 16" Scout profile under a KMR-A13 on a Mega Receiver set. Yes, it shoots XM68GD under 1MOA all day. I also have an ARP 12.5" build that I'm hoping I have my suppressor for in time for white tail season in October.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you a hunter FT?

Do you reload?

If not , then not sure what the appeal for the cartridge is.

If your just screwing around, why not a short barreled 458 or such..I thought u liked to party..lol.. just busting your old balls..post up some pics

What optics?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Are you a hunter FT?

Do you reload?

If not , then not sure what the appeal for the cartridge is.

If your just screwing around, why not a short barreled 458 or such..I thought u liked to party..lol.. just busting your old balls..post up some pics

What optics?
    Haven't hunted anything but rabbit, a few pheasants and squirrels in several years. Also help pick off a few coyotes for folks now and then (they are taking over parts of the state).
    Mostly for the same reason I gave and sold my reloading gear for. Logistics. I downsized and bought a Condo about 3 years back. My garage barely holds my car. I don't have a "utility" room, per se', and really didn't want chemicals, powder, primers and smells in the extra bedroom. No where to store meat from a buck or boar, and probably couldn't give any away.

I just wanted something that was different and practical. Like the ballistics, internal and external of the 6.8.

Not sure what optics I'll make permanent. I'm going to pop an aimpoint pro and a 1X6 off of other rifles, when the upper gets here, then go to the range and figure it out from there.

If you read the OP, you'll see I'm not a big fan of NFA stuff. I like friend's set-up's, but for me, my foray into it was a nightmare, and I just don't do it anymore, so no SBR's, although I did consider a 458 SOCOM briefly.

Bought the upper from Blackstone Arms. SOCOM profile barrel, and some upgrades. He's just waiting for the BCM 15" KeyMod handguard I spec'd out for it, to come in. Should have it within 10 days or so.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on, I hear ya on all of that.

You could of skipped the nfa route and grabbed a brave and rocked on..

Next one right...