Downloads
    Uploads

My first 12.5” 5.56

I just finished today this build a couple hours ago. The purpose is a jack-of-all trades AR that would be my pick if I could only keep one. I have shorter and lighter SBRs and 2-3 full size that will be more accurate at distance, but my 70 year old eyes don’t do long range well anyway. This is my idea of a best compromise without giving up reliability.

Mega Lower with SD-C trigger and A5 buffer system.
    Hodge Defense Mod 1 12.5” barrel, BCM Upper and SLR 11.7” Solo Lite rail, Geissele ambi CH
    Griffin Recce 5 suppressor
    Bobro BUIS, Acog TBD - either TA33 or TA110 ( leaning 110 ).
    Arisaka scout light and finger stop.
    Sionics NP3 BCG for easy clean.

The contender optics: My reasoning is the TA33 really accentuates the 14.5” lightweight it was on. And the TA 110 does not feel as top heavy with the heavier Hodge barrel.

Hopefully the gas port is can friendly as I would like this to be a full time shush gun.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a really nice setup.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Will. Funny how the somewhat glossy Mega lower looks green.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's an awesome looking gun! Tell us how it runs!

At one point I did all the ballistics and researched it out and I was obsessed with a 12.5" AR. Apparently I'm told John Noveske liked them as well. He went all through the whys in an interview I read somewhere.

I registered mine at 10.5 but I still have a 12.5 on the radar. The ballistic difference is actually quite a lot going from 10.5 to 12.5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks Good. Finally finished a couple of 12.5" uppers. Like you, I think it's a good all around length/compromise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice! Looking forward to a range report. I have 10.5 and 14.4 ... should have looked into the 12.5's - total package looks good.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks Will. Funny how the somewhat glossy Mega lower looks green.
    This is one of the main reasons why people are/were scrambling to find stripped Mega uppers when they ceased production.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This is one of the main reasons why people are/were scrambling to find stripped Mega uppers when they ceased production.
    I’m covered. Found a spare Mega upper in the safe so I’ll swap it in. Had a Duh!! moment when I looked up a couple days after the photo.

Downloads
    Uploads

Range Report

I finally made it to the range, but didn’t get a lot accomplished besides zeroing the ACOG and a 2.5x10 Vortex on my SPRisher. We have had a lot of rain lately and the cattails are seven feet tall between the bench and the 50 yard targets. Felt like a carny gallery shooting between the waving leaves.

These are the only groups I shot after zeroing. (With can) I look forward to doing the tighten up after the flora is cut back. I can’t think of a thing I don’t like about this gun. Good balance, little recoil and just feels right. A range member brought a guest from Germany today. Kid about 20. He had never fired any rifle before my 12.5. Big grins all around.