I recently had a thread about a weapons mounted pistol light. Thanks to everyone who contributed and special thanks to Slippers as well. Now I am the proud owner of a Surefire pistol light. I am highly pleased so far. Not much use or testing yet but so far so good.

---

With this thread though it's the same concept only for a NON Weapon Mounted Light. Below I will tell you how I plan to use it so that you can see what my intended purpose is. After that any recommendations will be highly considered and applied accordingly.

---

I will be carrying this light on my person as an EDC option. That said my real estate is limited and I don't want to be like batman walking around with heavy crap hanging off everywhere. During the day I might not carry it at all, but if I know I will be out near or after dark I want an easy way to carry it. I can leave it in the car if I want or wear it as needed.

As of right now I carry the following: Right front pocket keys, Left front pocket wallet, pistol (appendix carry now), spare mag (horizontal belt mount--left side), and a pocket knife (DPX Hest) (usually right front pocket). I don't like carrying stuff in my back pockets.

---

Like was pointed out in the other thread if you have a WML you can't openly draw your weapon in public just to use the light...hence the plain flashlight. Unlike my WML which is for around he house, this one is for comfort and ease of carry (EDC) out and about.

---

I like horsepower. I want it bright enough, but not a huge light. The bezzle(?) (new word for me) can't be huge because it will become uncomfortable to carry I think.

I don't want it too long because it might wind up in my pocket or something depending on how I wind up carrying it. It may need a pocket clip (maybe) or some form of horizontal holster like my spare mag has.

The controls ideally will have a momentary button and a twist for full on. Anything other than that, like strobes and stuff is too complicated for my use.

Ideally the momentary button on back will be slightly recessed. I don't want to be accidentally discharging the light all the time.

I don't think a pen light is enough for my use. I can get those for cheap, but I a looking for a good quality light with more power even if they are $150-$200 bucks or whatever.

---

My primary use won't be room clearing or whatever, but more like lighting up my own car in a dark parking lot, scanning the area such as a tree line, finding keys that somebody lost on the grass, scanning the area to see if people are around or any other 10,000 sundry uses of a flashlight.

It will be used in both rural and urban settings. My Arisaka SBR light can throw a good bit of light out 75 to 100 yards out. This is a good thing.

Bonus points for suggestions for how to most comfortably carry it will be appreciated. My first inclination is for a clip on or horizontal holster on my right side. Currently that real estate is unused. A good other option would be left front pocket provided it's not jamming me in the leg when I walk or sit.

Thanks!!