Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I learned a long time ago to stay away from lube discussions... I think that's all I have to offer.
    Talking lube is like talking about someone else's religion. Talking about lube, barrel break-in, and op-rod ARs are the trifecta of internet mayhem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    So what's the superior ultra lube you use?

I'm gonna give some of this a shot but the go to for me has been Umbrella's Unicorn lube, which I've liked better than my previous favorite Slip 2000.

ETA: I've emailed Cherry Balmz about the temperature ranges. Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.
    Honestly I’ve been fooled enough to know that some small gun Lube company is in no way competing with the big corp’s for lubrication research and development. And anyone with knowledge of firearms and combustion engines know that if a Lube excels in a engine it has 100 times more capabilities then required to protect a firearm.

Name:  C32D69AC-1AFE-4618-932E-104A32611DDC.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  2.31 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought some. I didn't need all 5 so I bought a mix and match.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    …... I have a container of Frog lube I'll never touch again if anyone wants it.
    I let myself get caught up in the "lube wars" of '013's till they died out a bit back in the '17's. How foolish. I think I came to my senses after my foray into the "astounding" world of frog lube, and found rifles in the safe with thick gummy crap clogging their arteries. Not only Frog Lube, but every new thing some "well known gunslinger" was touting as the next best thing since smokeless powder. Then it dawned on me that EWL was working great for me, what the heck am I screwing with all of this foolishness for.

Still using it.

Want to really start a fight? Go on a Harley forum and ask... "what's the best oil?". Just kidding....never...ever do that.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first thought after reading most of the article and then looking at the product was the same as sinners. Why a lube for cold weather also? The product looks and sounds decent but what I am using works and works well for the drastic temp swings in Minnesota. I use Slip EWL combined with the Slip EWL grease that comes in a syringe. A decent coat of the oil and a few dabs of the grease on the slide rails of my pistols and in the charging handle slides in the upper on my rifles. Its like they are riding on ball bearings. In the winter I just back down on the grease to a bare minimum.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.