Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you tell me about the Vortex Razor 1X6 Gen II - E

Pros - Cons. Quality, durability and what other thoughts you might have?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Satisfies my optic snobbery. I would prefer a slightly different reticle, but it's usable. The E version has identical tube, glass, and illumination to the original, so you're not giving anything up. At 21.5 oz it's not a Kahles K16i but it's also not a pig.

They're occasionally on sale for less than $1400, which is a pretty good deal.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted a Kahles originally, but saved myself about 600$ am ultimately happy with my choice. I like the MRAD reticle personally, has very good glass, illumination is fairly bright in daylight, and it seems to be a pretty solid, durable optic so far. The weight really doesn’t bother me so I can’t really speak to it positive or negative. You can get it for 1200 from Eurooptic with their discount code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    O.K. so I'm trying one. $1399 everywhere I looked, with MIL discount from Eurooptic, out the door for 1200 and some change. Not too bad I suppose. Ships today. Hope to have it soon. Thanks Tact for the heads-up on the MIL discount. Europtics very easy to work with, friendly too.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it fits what you are looking for. If it is not to your liking I’ll buy it off you so you aren’t out anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, as I mentioned in the other thread, I don't own one, but I've shot with it some. Like Slippers, I'm not a total fan of the reticle, but I've also personally witnessed it hitting steel at 600y on a B/C target with a 11.5" AR using only holds. It should work out well for you, especially now that they've lost a few oz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MIL/LE guys should sign up for experticity.com for discounts on Vortex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I read every review, and watched every video I could find and all seemed to really like it. Their main gripe was that it's a bit heavy, but not so that they didn't still enjoy it.
    Still, I like to hear what the folks around here have to say about stuff. I've been reading most of your posts for about 6 years or so ago, so It's like I "know" many of you and respect your opinions, whether I agree or disagree with them.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a weird, brownish, bronze color, so you will earn the admiration of 50 Shades of FDE on IG.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    MIL/LE guys should sign up for experticity.com for discounts on Vortex.
    Some places won't include retired MIL, only Active Duty, Active Reserve, or Guard. I respect that, but Europtics didn't flinch when I told them I was retired. Don't know about experticity.com. Never heard of them until UW's post.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Some places won't include retired MIL, only Active Duty, Active Reserve, or Guard. I respect that, but Europtics didn't flinch when I told them I was retired. Don't know about experticity.com. Never heard of them until UW's post.

FT
    Vortex counts vets for the discount program, but they administer it through ExpertVoice (formerly experticity). The problem for me is I get hit with WA's 10% sales tax now (whereas the old program was direct through Vortex out of Wisconsin) so I've been able to get equivalent deals on other products through other channels. I just checked Experticity pricing on the Razor and I can tell you not to lose any sleep over the price you paid.

You should also sign up for GovX. The prices generally aren't as good but they offer the occasional discount code and can have some additional clearance specials.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post

FT
    I signed up for Vortex’s thing

If you want me to....help...let me know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    It's a weird, brownish, bronze color, so you will earn the admiration of 50 Shades of FDE on IG.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Vortex counts vets for the discount program, but they administer it through ExpertVoice (formerly experticity). The problem for me is I get hit with WA's 10% sales tax now (whereas the old program was direct through Vortex out of Wisconsin) so I've been able to get equivalent deals on other products through other channels. I just checked Experticity pricing on the Razor and I can tell you not to lose any sleep over the price you paid.

You should also sign up for GovX. The prices generally aren't as good but they offer the occasional discount code and can have some additional clearance specials.
    BU, with the discount, the cheapest I could find on the net, no tax and no shipping charges, I feel I got a decent deal.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Got it in from UPS today, also my BoBro QD came in today, also. You're not kidding Joelski, they are a funky, weird color I won't even try to describe. Will mount when upper the upper gets here, in lieu of pulling another scope or RDS off of another rifle. Until then, does anyone know where to get a front flip up cap for this scope? I went to Vortex's sight, and unless I just missed it, they don't have one for my model. Weird that they will include a rear cover and not a front.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger