Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Ehhh.....well glad you guys are happy with it. I was eagerly awaiting its arrival when word broke of its impending release and in the end felt ultimately disappointed after it hit the streets. Maybe I’ll warm up to it later.....maybe when the new hotness drops there will be plenty to go after on the used market.
    It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, on the reticle side, either. Neither of them were. But after running both, for 300y and in on B/C or bigger targets, they've been fantastic. I'd just give it time, assuming it fits on how you want to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoy the talk about reticles, honestly I do.

Issue is that most people won't even shoot past 300 yards with theirs, that's being generous.

Reticles start to matter in the 500y+ area, even there, you can get away with something simple if you've done the math on barrel+ammo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I enjoy the talk about reticles, honestly I do.

Issue is that most people won't even shoot past 300 yards with theirs, that's being generous.

Reticles start to matter in the 500y+ area, even there, you can get away with something simple if you've done the math on barrel+ammo
    No argument from me there. And I have no doubt either NF scope will do well out at distance on a reasonable sized target. I just haven't had a chance to take mine out yet.

In general though, I just think it's fair to keep in mind when talking about the NF 1-8s that if you're trying to hit a 2 MOA target at distance with a giant 1.75 MOA blob in the center, it isn't as optimal as other reticles. But obviously that isn't the primary intent of these scopes, so it's all relative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shoot out to 600 yards almost every week and don't find any issues with the NF 1-8 center dot size. If shooting 300+ you'd be holding over, in which case there's plenty of precision with the reticle. With a 100 yard zero you're going to be holding a little over 1 mil at 300 and 2 mils at 400 with both 5.56 and 7.62, which puts you on the nice fine hash marks.

If you're trying to shoot groups at 100 yards then the large center dot doesn't really do you any favors, but there are easy ways around this: simply dial down a mil and then hold a mil high so you can use the fine hash marks.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I shoot out to 600 yards almost every week and don't find any issues with the NF 1-8 center dot size. If shooting 300+ you'd be holding over, in which case there's plenty of precision with the reticle. With a 100 yard zero you're going to be holding a little over 1 mil at 300 and 2 mils at 400 with both 5.56 and 7.62, which puts you on the nice fine hash marks.

If you're trying to shoot groups at 100 yards then the large center dot doesn't really do you any favors, but there are easy ways around this: simply dial down a mil and then hold a mil high so you can use the fine hash marks.
    All good points. Like I said, I haven't taken mine out yet. What you're saying would probably become immediately obvious once I got behind the rifle, especially since both my NX8 and ATACR wear their caps. I'm just thinking about this from the perspective* being behind a 2.5-10, where either method (hold or spin) is an easy option. But again, very different scope for a different use.

* I will also note that I'm "triggered" by a match director who thinks a SPR is supposed to be a 1 MOA shooter. Will the barrel do that? Yes, but that's not how the system was designed and putting 2 MOA targets at intermediate distances turns a "SPR" match into a "Feats of Strength" match. But I'll get off my soap box because I know if I continue I'll just get into a tirade and then the people in white will come to take me to a quiet place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Vortex front lens cap came in today. Discom found it for me, it's a size 3 from Vortex. This cap looks like a Butler Creek but is actually a soft rubber that slips back over the scope, with a little wiggling and persuasion. Just in case anyone else wants one for their's (Razor), you can order them for just under eight bucks from Vortex.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt know anyone other than John Aadland made lens caps.

What I keep hearing about the NX8 is that it's a long distance optic shrunk, that happens to illuminate brightly, while the Vortex is a swoll RDS that happens to magnify. I've yet to hear anyone say the NF is superior 0-300 yards, which has really put the brakes on my purchase of the NX8.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I didnt know anyone other than John Aadland made lens caps.

What I keep hearing about the NX8 is that it's a long distance optic shrunk, that happens to illuminate brightly, while the Vortex is a swoll RDS that happens to magnify. I've yet to hear anyone say the NF is superior 0-300 yards, which has really put the brakes on my purchase of the NX8.
    I let my dealer sell my NX8. Honestly disappointed in the optic. It certainly didn’t help that one of the 2 he had the illumination was significantly brighter than the other. We even swapped batteries. NF’s illumination has always been suspect and it appears that’s still the case.

Steiner is saying Dec/Jan for this....Ill wait. Lol

https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/m8xi-1-8x24

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you tell me about the Vortex Razor 1X6 Gen II - E

Nice.........but if it’s $2000+ and has a BDC reticle I’ll be disappointed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I let my dealer sell my NX8. Honestly disappointed in the optic. It certainly didn’t help that one of the 2 he had the illumination was significantly brighter than the other. We even swapped batteries. NF’s illumination has always been suspect and it appears that’s still the case.

The illumination module was out of alignment on the dimmer one. Easy fix but does require sending it in.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    American Defense has a optics Combo package w their best mount (Delta-C) the best deal on a Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 I’ve seen for about $750.. (mine shown here) that’s like getting their best mount for free.. The Razor HD Gen 2E 1-6x24 w Delta-C mount is around around $1450.. https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1268/ check it out..Name:  FA352615-1252-41F6-B284-7D786BDA9449.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  969.0 KB
    Last edited by ZhouJett; 8 September 2018 at 11:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Delta-C has got to be the most solid mount available in my humble opinion..Name:  E3F89A8A-3805-4F48-8C90-7FA24B841805.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  1.62 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post

Comparing M8Xi 1-8x24 to an Razor HD Gen 2E.. i go w the Razor.. Good enough...
    Last edited by ZhouJett; 10 September 2018 at 19:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just never could accept the shitty throw-levers made for the Vortex Razor HD II line. I mean, they in no way look like they belong. Leupold's MK6 levers fit like a glove and match the rises on the mag ring. NF uses a screw-in lever. Kahles is the most elegant solution with the very tasteful fin.

Vortex?

You bolt some shit to it that doesn't even interface with the mag ring except by cranking up the torque.

But then...

...and yes, these ridges fit those grooves like a glove...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I just never could accept the shitty throw-levers made for the Vortex Razor HD II line. I mean, they in no way look like they belong. Leupold's MK6 levers fit like a glove and match the rises on the mag ring. NF uses a screw-in lever. Kahles is the most elegant solution with the very tasteful fin.

Vortex?

You bolt some shit to it that doesn't even interface with the mag ring except by cranking up the torque.

But then...

...and yes, these ridges fit those grooves like a glove...

Did you get that from Leupold? Do you know the part number? How about the price?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper