Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision ATLAS R-ONE Now Available!

Name:  atlas.jpg
Views: 3542
Size:  45.6 KB

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/atlas-h...37407c24f1a261

Limited quantities available in this initial run, so don't hesitate! Available in KeyMod™ and M-LOK® profiles with 12” and 15” options (7” and 9” options coming soon). All hardware mounting parts are included with the purchase of a R-ONE Handguard.

Features:

The ATLAS R-ONE is the newest addition to the Aero Precision Handguard lineup. Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum, the R-ONE line of handguards are designed with size and weight in mind, providing the perfect handguard for your lightweight build. Our proprietary ATLAS attachment system is a durable and dependable mounting platform, maintaining a slim profile while still providing the strength and stability customers have grown to love from Aero Precision handguards.

Available in KeyMod and M-LOK® profiles with 12" and 15" options (7" and 9" options coming soon).

ATLAS
    The new Aero Taper Lock Attachment System (ATLAS) is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. It features 2 mirrored tapered locking nuts that provide evenly distributed clamping pressure across a custom engineered barrel nut with use of a turnbuckle screw. A ratcheting detent further secures the design while providing positive registration during installation. By design, the even pressure of the ATLAS system avoids distortion of the handguard often seen with current applications during installation.

All hardware mounting parts are included with the purchase of an ATLAS Handguard.

Lightweight By Design
    KeyMod Handguard Weights: 7" - 5.12 oz / 9" - 5.92 oz / 12" - 7.84 oz / 15" - 8.96 oz
    M-LOK Handguard Weights: 7" - 5.22 oz / 9" - 6.03 oz / 12" - 8 oz / 15" - 9.07 oz
    Mounting Hardware Weight: 4.72 oz (same across all ATLAS Handguard options)
    Full top picatinny rail for optional attachments
    Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
    Compatible with low profile gas blocks
    1.3" Inside diameter
    1.5" Outside diameter
    Compatible with mil-spec AR15 upper receivers and barrels
    ATLAS Handguards are designed to match seamlessly with our M4E1 Threaded Upper Receivers. Additionally, they are compatible with any Mil-Spec AR-15 upper receivers as well. However, they may not be compatible with billet upper receivers due to indexing tabs. Save when you buy them as a combo.

Please note: The ATLAS Handguards are NOT compatible with our M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver.

Name:  apra500604a-ar15-12-inch-atlas-r-one-keymod-handguard-black-1_1.jpg
Views: 1737
Size:  52.3 KB
    Name:  apra500704a-ar15-12-inch-atlas-r-one-m-lok-handguard-black-1_1.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  49.2 KB
    Name:  apar700204p32-atlas-s1-14pt5in-carbine-556-ek12-2_1.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  47.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping up this old thread for a question

Anyone using one of these rails? Contemplating one for the 308 build

I’m kinda interested, as the price point (140 shipped for 15” R1 308 ) and the fact there much narrower then the older aero rails... has a different but looks fine mounting system...

Is there anyone around with feedback on these
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 22 March 2019 at 15:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one. 12" M-lok. Install is a breeze. Don't throw out the shims by accident like I did. I had to find them a luckily I did. I had to use three of them to time the barrel nut properly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered one from ArmOrAlly at a great price that should be here in a few days. Let me know if you are looking for any specific build pics and I'll see what I can do. I think Brownell's has an install video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool..I’m about to push the order button..

Sent ya a pm also. As I found killer prices in these

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only thing that was slowing me down was if they work with a adj gas block, being these are only 1.3” inside diameter, but many say that most ft it seems. Heard the clamp ones might not play nice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Only thing that was slowing me down was if they work with a adj gas block, being these are only 1.3” inside diameter, but many say that most ft it seems. Heard the clamp ones might not play nice
    I run a few BCM KMRs and have had problems with clamp on gas blocks and the Geissele which is pretty fat. Stick with set screw.

Downloads
    Uploads

I googled it not for the install, but to get a better look at it.