Downloads
    Uploads

Vehicle gun mounts

Well since I got a new truck with a back seat I've been looking for a way to mount and secure one of my ARs. I would like it allow the gun to lay flat under the rear seat and be able to unlock quickly.

I've looked at Santa Cruz and Tufloc. But don't know which would be best to try and make fit like I want.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    what truck?

what gun?

define quick?

how concealed?

budget?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    what truck?

what gun?

define quick?

how concealed?

budget?
    2014 Silverado

10.5 - 12.5" PISTOL AR

Quick by can be opened with a key and maybe a key fob or other electronics.

It doesn't have to be concealed but won't be seen if seat is in down position.

Budget is 250-500

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    perhaps you could mount a Hornady Rapid Safe AR Gun Locker: https://www.hornady.com/security/rap...s/ar-gunlocker

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used Santa Cruz gunlocks for years. They work and pretty affordable. Might be a good project if you're a DIY kind of guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is something interesting. Watch the install video. They are mounting it to a wall, but it can also be mounted to vehicle seats.

https://arma15.com/products

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    perhaps you could mount a Hornady Rapid Safe AR Gun Locker: https://www.hornady.com/security/rap...s/ar-gunlocker
    That looks promising just need to do some measuring.

But did come across this as well.

https://www.hornady.com/security/rap...s/ar-wall-lock

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've used Santa Cruz gunlocks for years. They work and pretty affordable. Might be a good project if you're a DIY kind of guy.
    Yeah will have to sit down and do some figuring. And see what exactly it would take to do the job.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Here is something interesting. Watch the install video. They are mounting it to a wall, but it can also be mounted to vehicle seats.

I like that idea too. I may end up going this route. After looking at their site I can get just their under seat install kit. Which then may work well with the Hornady AR wall lock.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

I was gana suggest this or Uwone's idea.

both are good, make sure you get a cheapy four click lock as pictured.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I was gana suggest this or Uwone's idea.

both are good, make sure you get a cheapy four click lock as pictured.
    Yeah not really a fan of the pad lock.

I'm would like to go with Uwone idea if I can figure out how to make the Santa Cruz work.

For some reason that I can not I'm probably go with the Hornady AR wall lock and use mounting kit that Arma15 sells.

So it would be mounting this on my seat

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    out of sight, out of mind...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Midway is running a sale on a lot of the Hornady rapid safe inventory if that's the route you go

Downloads
    Uploads