Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 300blk upper

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,522
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    300blk upper

    Well, it's looking like my .300 blk barrel will arrive before my 5.56 so I moved just a couple parts. Still need the dust cover too and brake. Have a Dead Air flash hider mount on the way.
    Barrel is a Faxon, got a great deal on it and rather than waiting on Rainier to stock a BA, I nabbed it.

    As you can see I'm essentially just completely copying Uwone....


    300 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Flattery I call it. Nice

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    296
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    300blk upper



    It's really looking good. I apologize if you've already mentioned this - what length are the barrel and rail? I'm scoping out parts for a 300 blkout SBR build, looking at a Geissele MK13 9.5" handguard.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,522
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post


    It's really looking good. I apologize if you've already mentioned this - what length are the barrel and rail? I'm scoping out parts for a 300 blkout SBR build, looking at a Geissele MK13 9.5" handguard.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I may have made an error when it comes to the barrel length.

    I plan on using a sandman Mount flash hider. I got a deal on a 7.5" barrel. Using a 7.125" rail. I'm thinking that's not going to be enough clearance now. So I may be ditching the barrel and grabbing an 8"-er.

    Barrel arrives today. Mount isn't here yet but I imagine I'll have an idea of whether I have clearance or not right away.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,850
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Only one correct way to build up that PDW I say!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    893
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Pretty sweet!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,522
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Barrel arrived. While it was a deal, I think I'm going to be half an inch short to use the Dead Air Flash Hider mount. So, I'll be swapping it for an 8" quite shortly. Doh!

    Also, not digging on the BCM grip as much. I think I will prefer something completely vertical on this rifle.

    BUIS is next.


    FDS_9638-Edit-2 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,939
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Barrel arrived. While it was a deal, I think I'm going to be half an inch short to use the Dead Air Flash Hider mount. So, I'll be swapping it for an 8" quite shortly. Doh!

    Also, not digging on the BCM grip as much. I think I will prefer something completely vertical on this rifle.

    BUIS is next.


    FDS_9638-Edit-2 by Damage Photos, on Flickr

    Coming along nicely! That looks sweet!

    Those grips like you have on there, I tried those and don't like them either. The vertical magpul m-lok ones are good.

    With that PDW stock what is going to be your length savings vs a traditional buffer tube?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,522
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Coming along nicely! That looks sweet!

    Those grips like you have on there, I tried those and don't like them either. The vertical magpul m-lok ones are good.

    With that PDW stock what is going to be your length savings vs a traditional buffer tube?
    Thanks! Just over an inch of length. I can post a comparison photo later.




    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,522
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Crappy late night phone pics and I didn't feel like going to the garage for a real tape measure.



    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •