Downloads
    Uploads

Got a great deal today

I was putzing around my local gun stores today not looking for anything in particular. Well in the far corner of one of the stores I frequent there was a "CLEARANCE" section with 75% off everything. I figured what the hell, might as well look. Well, it was mostly junk that most people wouldn't even spend the money on, even at 75% off. But down in the bottom of a pile of stuff I found a Silencerco direct thread mount for a Saker suppressor. I have a Saker 7.62 with MADD mount so I looked at the price. It was only $32 with the 75% off.

"What the hell, might as well for that price."

Got it home and pulled my Saker apart and installed the direct thread mount. I then took my MADD mount flash hider off my SBR and direct threaded my suppressor onto my SBR. I love how my gun store clearance find turned out. The direct thread mount shortened my suppressor by about 3/4" and probably shaved 4-5 oz of total weight.

IMO this was a great trade off. Since I only have 1 suppressor I have a 7.62 on my 5.56 SBR so it is longer than the 5.56 version...and heavier. Saving the length and weight made me a happy camper. Since my can sits on my SBR (my sbr is my primary HD weapon) when not in use on another rifle it isn't that big of a deal.

The drawback to the direct thread mount is that I have more work to do if I want to use the MADD mount that I have for QD capability on my other rifles. I think its a price I am willing to pay.

Not bad for $32 plus tax for something I wasn't even really looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice find!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus the MAAD mount is trash. Good find!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far my MADD mount has been great. But this does give me even a bit more versatility.