Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 8.6 Creedmoor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I kill everything with a pencil. A FUCKING PEN-CIL!!

Great movie scene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I always come off as argumentative, just ask my wife. Lol I didn’t take it like that at all. I hear the bigger bullet argument at almost every hunting camp I’ve been to. I think most go overboard and their flinching and fear of the shot is the reason they have poor shots.

The 7mm08 is a decent round but honestly the CM is a phenomenal round. I’ve shot or have been beside the shooter for 3 elk kills with the CM in the past 5 years. Including a cow I shot at around 650 yards. One shot kills on all three. The increased velocity from reduced drag really shows on that round past 300 yards.

Especially the English language.

Damn I’ve been trying to avoid the 6.5CM, that sort of performance is gonna drive me over the edge LoL! I like the idea of a very efficient round like that for hunting. Even though I own a magnum hunting round ( I was encouraged by my dad to get it since he had one and received it as a graduation gift) I think it’s overkill for the terrain I hunt now vs the freshwater marshes I hunt led then. The Creedmoor does seem like it was designed by some very logical minds.

Oh damn LoL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about 6.5CM at 1500yds?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That doesn't seem like an ethical shot. It would be really easy to wound the animal.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    That doesn't seem like an ethical shot. It would be really easy to wound the animal.
    I agree. They say as much in the comments. But they also speak to shooters experience.

Either way, more people are taking 500+ shots with the .65CM on elk without an issue. Just a couple years ago, that was considered absurd.