Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great analysis Tom! I never though of the rail I.D. as width and and the gas block I.D. as height, but of course you are exactly right. Thanks much.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Gawd I wish manufacturers were clearer about their .308 components. I like the Magpul SR25 tube because of the ten position holes. This is the site info: Due to its longer length, this receiver extension is compatible with most DPMS® Gen 1 pattern 7.62x51 firearms with standard length AR15/M4 carbine buffer components as well as aftermarket A5 buffers and springs for use on 5.56x45 AR15/M4 platforms.*

I take this to mean for a .308 I use the shorter AR carbine spring (Sprinco Blue size) and AR15 buffer or can use the same tube for a 5.56 using the A5 spring (Sprinco green) and longer buffer. Is my understanding correct? Seems counter-intuitive to me to accomodate two different size springs in the same tube for different platforms. My brain is cramping.
    That is MPs version of the Vltor just with more adjustment positions.

The thing to remember is on the 308 platform the BCG is a lot longer than its little brother. And the AR10 and LR308 are two different beast.

So here is something to go by to help ya out.

DPMS LR308 carbines use normal AR15/m4 carbine REs. But uses a shorter buffer and different spring.

AR10 uses the longer carbine RE and AR10 action spring (works in rifle length tubes and carbine tubes). But uses AR15/m4 carbine buffers.

So if you want to go with the MP tube get this:

https://dsgarms.com/armea1095

And whatever carbine buffer you want to go with. I said in previous post I have a H buffer but its a H3 buffer. (which is the stock AR10 carbine buffer)
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on some other sites and found out the a Sentry 7 barely fits on an AR15 CMR. and as a reference here is what my GB dimensions are:

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Tom. That is the way I’ll go then.

Edit: The Sentry shoulder looks less pronounced than the 1.35 of the Odin so should be okay.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 3 September 2018 at 23:56.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode