Thread: AR oil

Downloads
    Uploads

AR oil

I was just wondering what everybody uses for oil in their ARs?slip 2000?kg?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Used to be a Break-Free CLP guy, now use SLiP2000 EWL and run it wet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'v been using weapon Shield for about a year now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to favor Weapon Shield and Slip 2000, but will often use what's handy/free at the moment. When it really comes down to, it there isn't a huge difference in the performance. Some products are certainly better than others at rust prevention and some tend to burn off quicker. When I see lubrication issues it isn't because someone used a lousy product, but because they simply failed to apply lube adequately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfree CLP. I've tried weapon shield a bit and can't tell the difference between the two. Since i have a large supply of BF CLP.. I'll be sticking to that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Up till last year I used the old fall back.... CLP. Started using the 'Machine Gunners" oil I got from LaRue Tactical and have been pretty happy with it. Thinking next purchase I will try the Slip2000EWL.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been using Militec now for about two years. Both lube and grease. I have been very happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

oil mix

mil-tec and mobil 1 15w50 synthetic oil mixed together -very little smoke and coking

Downloads
    Uploads
    i use Lucas Gun oil. it has worked great thus far, its a thicker oil so it stays put. ive been considering mixing the lucas gear oil and lucas heavy duty grease i have in my cabinent together and see what that produces, or possibly mix breakfree with heavy duty grease?

I want to try TW25 though.

EDIT: actually gonna switch to Mobil 1 15w50 in both my beretta 92 and AR. it seems like a really good idea.
    Last edited by Mr.Goodtimes; 19 June 2009 at 17:07.