Downloads
    Uploads

Who wants a cheap upper review?

As I have been following UWone's thread about his Radical Arms upper and testing it, I have been curious about other cheap uppers as well. I have a few "higher end" rifles and have been curious about the other end of the spectrum.

I have been toying around with the idea of purchasing a cheap upper (think around $300) for a while just to see how it performs. So before I went and just bought some random cheap upper out there, I was wondering if anybody here would like me to be a test subject with a particular brand.

Is there an el cheapo brand out there that you have been wondering about? If so let me know and I will consider putting one through its paces. Since UW already has Radical covered, I would like to test out something else and put out a review on it.

Here are a few el cheapo brands I can think of off the top of my head:
    1. CBC
    2. PSA (however, it seems like there is already a ton of info out there on these)
    3. Davidson Defense
    4. Ghost Firearms

Any others, let me know. Only thing I want is for it to be a 16" barrel. I do have an SBR lower, but I really don't want a cheap SBR upper or pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Took out my Radical again, so far it doesn't run. I think there is enough evidence where you don't need to waste your money, they are priced sub $300 for a reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Took out my Radical again, so far it doesn't run. I think there is enough evidence where you don't need to waste your money, they are priced sub $300 for a reason.
    Fully aware that this could be a waste of money. There is still curiosity out there though. If there is other el cheapo stuff out there that people are interested in seeing, I am willing to bite the bullet for $300 and give it a shot. If it actually works...all the better.

Another reason I am curious is that I am part of a facebook group where people rave about their sub $500 guns every day and how they are "just as good" as a $2000 gun. I want to jump into the swamp and post real evidence to the contrary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    About as cheap as it gets.... Wife has a $219 Palmetto pencil upper. Palmetto BCG $89. Has about 700rds of M193 through it now and has operated flawlessly since the first round. It's used for bouncing around soda cans and dinging steel at 50 & 100yds at our club's plinking range. It's performed well for the intended recreational purpose.

Seems like there's a lot of folks on the Net desperately seeking confirmation that their lesser priced rifles and optics are just as good as higher priced rifles and optics, and those with higher priced rifles and optics desperately seeking confirmation that their money was well spent.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 28 September 2018 at 05:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary Arms keeps pimping Bear Creek Arsenal for cheap. They could be a contender

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Primary Arms keeps pimping Bear Creek Arsenal for cheap. They could be a contender
    Thanks...I'll put that one on the list.