Downloads
    Uploads

RHF (Railed Handguard, Forward Controls)

We again partnered with Jeff at CMT to make our hand guards. There will be two versions, the first version released is the RHF, with full length 12 o'clock 1913 rails, and MLOK at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

RHF (Railed Handguard, Forward Controls) is based on the superb CMT UHPR Mod2, with full length 1913 rails at 12 o'clock, and MLOK at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

RHF is machined from 6000 series extruded aluminum, its barrel nut is machined from 7075 aluminum, both are Type 3 anodized, while the rail mounting hardware is machined from 17-4 PH (patent pending). RHF also incorporates anti-rotation tabs.

RHF's inside diameter is 1.135" and compatible with most low profile gas blocks. Barrel nut diameter is 1.378", barrel nut wrench is included.

RHF incorporates design input from Forward Controls, the changes include:
    1. Omission of QD swivel attachment points. Location of the front sling attachment is left to individual users.
    2. Barrel cooling vents changed to the classic round shape. One might say we're paying homage to Knight's Armament's RAS and RIS where meaningful modular revolution began.
    3. Simplification of the already understated aesthetics of the CMT UHPR Mod 2 handguard.

Available in 15", 13.7", 9.7", and 6.7".

Weight of each length as follows (total weight, including mounting bracket and bolts):

6.7", 6.5oz
    9.5", 7.9oz
    13.7", 10.2oz
    15", 10.9oz

More pics here :) http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/RHF_p_137.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking good! I am curious why you choose 6000 instead of the 7075?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking good. Aesthetically I like the round cutouts.

Why delete the QD at the back of the rail? That’s a preferred location of many.

Also, why are 10.75 rails hard to make?

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are based on CMT's Mod2 hand guards, we go with what CMT does for its own hand guards. As to the omission of the QD swivel sockets, the locations of them on the hand guard aren't for everyone. If you see folks use them, it doesn't necessarily mean they like the locations, but simply because they're already there.

I've never found any built-in QD swivel sockets useful, on my 2 LMT MRP, various DD units, including the ones on CMT's. I prefer that the customer make their own choice as to where they put the front sling swivel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks Good Roger. Enough differences from the CMT to make it a worthy choice for anyone looking for a high quality rail and easy installation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Richard. RHF isn't anything ground breaking, it's a simple, robust and classic looking rail. I don't want it to be a Swiss Army knife kind of hand guard that has MLOK and QD swivels everywhere, these can be inexpensively and easily done via adapters, I don't believe everything every user wants needs to be incorporated into an overly complicated design.

So it's but a part of the puzzle that is the FCD AR soon We don't "re-imagine" every AR part under the sun, because many don't need to be changed or improved. That said, we still have 2 more AR components to be introduced before 2019, it's been a busy year for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every day we're closer to a complete FCD AR We're slowly completing all the pieces, the lower will be the last.